Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GRAND NATIONAL ROADSTER SHOW 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Oct 22, 2015.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Its over two months away, just wondering since we've never been to it how it compares to the LA Roadster Show? Are there more open shop tours and things to do? Looking for first time and long time opinions. Bob

2. I think the LA Roadster show has a bit more in cars and swap, but the mid summer heat was bad last year. ITs close to being 2-3 shows in one. You have al the Roadsters, Specialty cars section, the vintage swap daily cars, the swap, and the indoor vendors.

The GNRS has the nicer finished cars and unfinished "finished" cars.. the vendors are all about the same. There are indoor vendors and some outdoor ones. But no significant swapmeet with rare parts.
    O yeah and the suede palace but they show up to the LARS as well.

TO me it would be about the time of year that works for you, even then its been hot in Jan here also.

3. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

John Buck has done a great job of growing this show since it moved to Pomona from Oakland . He fills nine buildings with some of the finest cars from some very talented builders , not mention the main showroom with all of the contenders for the AMBR . He has also arranged all of the professional builders together to showcase their cars and talent . A great way to start the year ! One other part of the show that is unique is that on Sat . and Sun. he has an outdoor "drive in " show on the grounds in conjunction with the indoor show , A lot of bang for your buck .

4. uncle buck

uncle buck

To me it is like shopping for shoes at a shoe store or wal-mart. The GNRS is a fabulous show to focus on show cars and builders and some manufacture and dealer displays with an outdoor show thrown in. The LARS is all that super sized. What I have done a couple times is gone to the Turlock Swapmeet on Saturday and headed south afterwards to stay Saturday night near Pomona and hit the show Sunday. I don't have to fly cross country like you though. I do drive it from north of Seattle for both shows though. If I had to choose between GNRS and LARS the LARS wins hands down.

5. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

It will be a lot warmer than in Conn.
    There will be a big building full of Bonneville cars. That alone makes the trip worth while!

6. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

I have also heard that from a reliable source. How can I find out more regarding specifics of the Bonneville display?

7. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Call Rod Shows and ask or send them an email/message. GNRS has a web site.

8. uncle buck

uncle buck

Since we don't seem to be able to see any Bonneville cars at Bonneville lately this is good

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

If all nine buildings are the same size as the one at the LA Roadster Show that sure will be a lot of cars to look at. Got a place to stay so it is just the cost of airfair and food. Bob