Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Grand National Roadster Show 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Jan 27, 2011.

1. zip

zip

Your skill with the camera greatly enhances our ability to enjoy the show from afar. Many thanks for sharing your great photos. Fantastic!

2. StrickV8

StrickV8

That is Josh Mill's 35 Ford Coupe. I was fortunate to travel with him to the GNRS. It was pictured in Rod N' Custom a couple of months ago. His company is Mills & Co. His website is www.millscustoms.com . The details, fit and finish, metal working, paint, and interior are outstanding. Josh Deavers, Customs&Color, here on the HAMB painted it. Burt Litton did the interior.

He definitely deserves the recognition. It is an outstanding build!

3. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Thanks Dan great use of colors, non-colors and everything. haha. I did the 'Drive-In' so I could cruise around at night with my pops. He had a great time. I told the parking guy I want to be parked where everyone will be.

4. Jeff J

Jeff J

Nice interior

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  5. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

I walked around the show for 8 hours, and I still see cars that I missed! Thanks for the photos..

6. Craigo

Craigo

Amazing pics of amazing cars. Thanks to all that took the time to post them :)

7. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

So this weekend was absolutely amazing. I got a few opportunities I will probably never get again. My friend Michele took these pics. We got asked to sit in a few of the cars, and the other of the '57 Watson Caddy let me sit in it after I was admiring it! We got to watch the cars leave on Sunday night. It was something else hearing all of those cars start up! Also thanks to the owners of the Takeout "T" for asking us to pose with the roadster!

8. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

Here's a few more. I was one happy HAMBer!!!! :D

9. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Congrats Kimber - I am glad you had a blast out there. Did it keep raining all day? ( we headed back to Denver at about 12) Did more cars show up for the Drive in during the day?

10. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Thanks for the coverage guys ! some of you have amazing skills !

11. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

Yep if Fairplex security sees anyone stepping over the ropes, they are out. If the owner is over the ropes during show times, his car is disqualified from judging.

12. Customs&Color

Customs&Color

I'm glad someone finally posted a pic of this car. We were there all weekend and I think I forgot to take the first picture. By far it was one of the best examples of an early custom at the show. I think it was probably overlooked by many because of where it was located. You would have to spend a long time looking at it to pick up the many details and subtle changes that are made to it. I guess I'm a little biased but it's an awesome car built by a great friend and I got to paint it:D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  13. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

[​IMG]

Anyone rememeber this one on Ebay a while back ? No sale @70K + ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I think it was found in someone's back yard (not to hijack a thread).

14. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I just realized i didnt see that burgundy 40 Ford, 3 windowed and w/ fadeaway fenders.
    Did it not make the show afterall? Its an amazing car, andi dont have many pics saved of it.

15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dan, that's beautiful. Not to pry for any trade secrets, but what do you do for lighting at these indoor shows? Is that an off-camera light(s)? Thanks.

17. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks pwschuh,

Actually they are shot without any flash or lighting at all other than whats there. Then I light balance them and spruce up the color and contrast in the computer. Some of them are HDR ( 3 or more photos shot at the same time at different exposures and then combined by software designed to do that) Also- very important- I take all of them in RAW, not JPEGs.

18. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

You know Dan normally I don't dig HDR. However in this case, it works AMAZING! The colors of the car look as if they are outside in the sunlight.

pwschuh: Like Dan said the best way to photograph an indoor show is to use the available light and shoot in RAW. That way you can filter out the unwanted color cast from the overhead tungsten lights and boost the cars color at the same time. That way it looks more natural, rather than having a bunch of florescent lights on it.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I guess I know where to go if I need a paint job man. That car is my favorite '35 ever. It's really nice and I hope to get down to Josh's shop as soon as my '35 is on the road. Nice work!

20. That wasn't an easy shot to get....I had to stand in a vendor booth to get the whole thing. I'm glad I did, though.....I really wanted to capture the profile.

Here are a few others (no post processing)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few more of the Pierson '36...it does look bazillion times better...haha...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry the first ones are so big, the browser on my laptop was resizing them automatically and I didn't realize they'd show larger.

I remember it on Ebay at Buy-it-now for a grand :eek::eek:

Bryan

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  21. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

22. Justin B

Justin B

great pictures, did anyone get some shots of the circle city model a vicky? i only made it to the show thursday and c.c. hadn't shown up with any of their cars yet (must have been a late one jimmy) but i see the vicky in the background in a few pics.

23. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

Yeah it rained off and on all day, unfortunately. Although I would go back to the rain over the deep freeze we're having today. There really weren't many drive in cars to speak of on Sunday.

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Here are just a few from my new D90 (still figuring it out). Slim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

They look great Richard (Slim)!

26. Troostr

Troostr
    from Artesia NM

Hey, it was cool to see a pretty girl that knows a thing or three about a Caddy! The pics turned out GREAT!

27. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

And just a quick add on to this- Mills is a great guy too. Though not really a banger guy he has offered advise to me on more than one occasion that has really helped. And when I had an issue with my Lincoln brakes that no modern shop was willing to deal with he took care of me and did great job salvaging my dumb ass mistake. If you are ever in Marietta his shop is a place to stop by- it is spectacular.

28. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Here is a few of mine.

Attached Files:

29. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

A few more.

Attached Files:

30. poofus1929

poofus1929