Register now to get rid of these ads!

GPS sender w/Stewart Warner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aviator, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Aviator

Aviator

Will Sky Drive or Autometer GPS senders work with a Stewart Warner Deluxe Speedometer?

2. Not trying to be a dick, by why not ask Stewart Warner?

3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

is the SW an electronic pulse or mechanical?

Mechanical nope, electric most likley

4. This is on the Speedway site.....
    Not very traditional though

This unit allows nearly any electric speedometer to use free GPS signals to drive the speedometer. No more cables, no more calibration drives. If you've got an Auto Meter electronic speedometer, it's a plug and play solution. Calibration on non-Auto Meter speedometers takes about 10 seconds and doesn't require driving. The Module uses the fastest possible GPS technology for truly seamless functionality.

• Lightning fast 10Hz Signal
    • Separate paintable 1" square antenna with optional magnetic attachment capability
    • Waterproof antenna and module assembly (IP67 sealed)
    • Factory calibrated for 16,000 pulses per mile
    • One touch calibration
    • Compatible with Electronic Speedometers Only

This GPS module is a plug and play with any Autometer electric speedo and works with nearly every other electronic speedometer on the market. For verification you can contact Autometers tech line at 866-248-6356.

5. deucemac

deucemac

Running the exact setup in my '32 roadster for over 4k miles and no problems at all

6. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

never realized there was such a part:cool:, could solve my head aches , thanks for sharing !:)

7. Aviator

Aviator

I have a Stewart Warner Deluxe Speedometer (electric) and I cannot get Sky Drive to work with it. It works until the car gets to 50 MPH and then quits. Sent it back and the company tested and told me it was a good unit. Still having same problem. Ideas?

8. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

I've been looking into this autometer gps module... I'm curious what the antenna looks like? And where you mounted it....Anybody have one?

9. 41fastback

41fastback

Looking for any recent experiences using Sky Drive or other gps programmers for SW electro speedometer. Some say it works and others no.

10. 41fastback

41fastback

11. Shoeboxdriver

Shoeboxdriver
    from Holmen, WI

I have a SW 3 3/8" Wings electric speedo in my 32 roadster. I installed a Cyberdyne gps speedo sender from Summit and was unable to get it to work. Now I tried this because I had no speed reading with a trans mounted pulse generator, thought it was an issue with wiring under glued down carpet and tried the gps. Now my (new) speedo snaps to 0 when key is on, as it should, and the needle cycles from 0 to straight up when driving the measured mile, so could the instrument still be bad?..... I don't know. The Auto Meter gps sender strikes me as more advanced than what I have, no need to drive to program. I do have an email in to SW tech support, will see if I get any response.

Shoebox