Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects GowJob- the new 32 phaeton family cruiser build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jalopykid, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Glad you stepped up to the plate in your Deuce Quest! Your Tub is my all time dream Deuce! you lucky
    Guy ...........:D:rolleyes: I will have no problem storing your Deuce !!!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. StrickV8

StrickV8

Congrats on the purchase! I was too late contacting JJ when he sold it to Mel. Subscribed as want to see this come together...

3. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks Dad… I think I'm lucky that my wife likes phaetons:D

4. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks Strick! I have been collecting parts to do a roadster and or a tub for a long time. So stoked for this build. Part of me wants to throw this together all crusty like for Chris' s flathead run in September and then blow it apart later and make it pretty.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Good grief! Potential member for the 'Hot Tub Club'!

Speedy Canuck and jalopykid like this.
  6. Man I am so stoked for you! That thing will be great! It has come full circle as I picked it up out of central WA and crated it when @JeffreyJames bought it a few years back.

7. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks Chris! I've been drooling over this thing since JJ first posted it. Can't wait to haul the family around in it!!
    Sept 19???Dreamin I know…but ya gotta have some motivation

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Glad someone like yourself got it! It deserves to be appreciated and I'm excited to see what you do with it.

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Very nice project! A 32 tub is one of my dream cars.

10. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

11. Having lived in the mountains of Colorado for 20+ years, I always thought an altimeter would be cool.
    although.....I'm not a pilot, but I assume an altimeter reading is the distance to the ground, not the distance above sea level?? Don't have a clue.

12. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Aside from the normal gauges, I used a fuel pressure and a second water temp gauge to get me up to 10. I also have a 2 3/8" mag on/off switch I might use as well. I know there was an air pressure gauge. It would be awesome to have a SW clock…did they make one??

13. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Gearhead Bill's old tub, now owned by Jim Smith of the Hot Rod Garage, grabs me as something different from a hiboy roadster. Looks like he is having fun.
    unnamed-1.jpg

heavydumper, bonesy, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  14. An altimeter works off of air pressure or measures the total atmospheres where you are, they are calibrated @ sea level so it would read your altitude according to sea level. Mountains are measured from sea level so if you come up on a mountain that is 12,000 ft. you have to fly above 12,000 ft. to get over it.

Anyway they don't measure your distance from the ground they measure your distance above sea level.

15. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please tell me what makes it an Aussy tub? I don't know anything about tubs. Thanks.

16. 31 A widebed

31 A widebed

Wasn't there talk of Brookville possibly going to start making 32 phaetons?

17. A few major and other minor things. No vertical seams up the back of the tub, door handles in different location, wood framing, especially in the doors on open cars...plus it has a RHD firewall.;) (which has been changed.)

18. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

[QUOTI="Pewsplace, post: 11072432, member: 27957"]Moving the seat back 3" in the Deuce Tub solves all tall guys problems. Plenty of room to stretch out. John, a 34 requires the same treatment if you are over 6' tall.[/QUOTE]
    Lynn I had one years ago and it was in street rodder or rodders digest I forgot . In the magazine they go into detail how they moved the sat back in the article . I just couldn't get a comfortable position while driving with a chopped windshield.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Killer project.....if it comes out close to the fordor it wil be awesome. I missed seeing it for sale...darn! I would have grabbed it. Glad you got it instead. Dave is still enjoying the fordor. I will be watching this build. Dale

20. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks Dale! I sure am hoping this tub fills the void of the ol fordor. Sure glad Dave is driving the wheels off the sedan. Just saw a pic of his new tudor. Can't have too many!

21. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great looking project . Its always good to have the Miss's onboard with the project.
    I had bought a 30 A coupe ( my Wife saw one and liked it ) was gathering pieces to start working on it ,when one day she can out to the barn and sat in it . Then ask where will the Granddaughter sit ? There not enough room in here for 3 people . I sold it to a friend. Something else has came along that will haul everyone . Funny how things just work out.

22. uncle buck

uncle buck

It would be great to see it at Chris's flathead run. It started its journey east from just up the street from the East vs West Flathead Reliability Run

23. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

24. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thats funny you mention your coupe and where is everyone gonna fit. I worked out a deal with Chris for is old five window for the replacement family cruiser and the plan was to make it a rumble seat…. then I started thinking my wife is typically co-pilot…and our daughter is way to young for the rumble seat… so that means my wife has to ride in the rumble seat… and if we get caught in the rain…. means I have a very unhappy wife;) long story short is if we get caught in a storm no one is left out in the tub!! Oh the adventures!

kiwijeff and Okie Pete like this.
  25. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks!

26. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thats what Chris was saying. It will be along shot to get it there so we will see. I figure deadlines are great motivators and the flathead run is a good goal. If it doesn't make it, I'm hoping i will make the drive over anyways to check out all the fun!

27. it's the year of the phaeton.... And I like it! Phaeton's coming out of the wood work this year!

28. "This is Cool Aug.'95"

I'm thinking that's The Jalopy Kid in 95