Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gotta vent...bad day in the garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Oct 6, 2019.

1. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

At least you were able to set down and vent, could have been a really bad (fatal) day... 0b8d53fd789e971ea3b487d629ebb461.jpg

scotty t, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

You can only hope for a lot more good days than bad.

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Deuces, Stogy, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  4. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Just think , some guys don’t do any of this stuff , they just sit on the couch watching tv or whatever, maybe even in a fancy high rise building . They have no idea, zero mechanical problem solving abilities, we’re better than them , aren’t we? I hope so . We’re certainly cooler .

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

If it makes you feel better, I drove 160 miles to a car show today that was 130 miles away.

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've tossed a few wrenches in my day as many times things just don't go as planned...Step back and regroup the thoughts as you attempt to right the wrongs...Easier said than done I know...

No one ever said building and repairing these Custom Vehicles was remotely straightforward...I choose to farm out many items but yeah when I choose to tackle a certain job and it throws me a curve ball it can put a damper on the day...

Please let us know when you have got it righted and what you did to get it there and yeah customer service or tech support can be beyond frustrating...fingers crossed @loveoftiki

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

That quip made me LOL, the squeeze thought I was cracking up. :rolleyes:

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  8. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

I get it......broke a bolt off in the block, wrestled with a stuck distributor and cut myself deep enough for six stiches......all yesterday.....on the bright side (for you) I sent you a pm, I'll take the radiator!

Deuces likes this.
  9. Deuces

Deuces

I hate that guy!......:mad::rolleyes:

Texas57 and Lost in the Fifties like this.
  10. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

And strumpets;)

11. So....i have all my electric splices, eye end connectors, every damn crimp-on connector known to man probably......and, I got em' all in a giant plastic, compartmentalized, clear plastic container/ organizer, ....a harbor fright product(if failing memory serves). It's pretty commendable in all respects, ....even got a real nice black plastic handle on the top to allow for carrying about.......I suspect by now some folks are probably thinking......"dumb ass probably trusted that real nice black plastic handle and it bit him in the ass"................Nope, dumb ass trusted the latch on the giant clear plastic organizer and that ' bit me in the ass...................

12. So......no change to bell house , engine plate, did go from a 168 tooth flex plate to a 164, you can’t find a 168, especially with a 10.5 bolt pattern. New torque converter too.
    So need a mini starter now for room and it will not fit. It’s not engaging and NPD has 2 versions of that starter AT or MT..of course I got the AT for my C4. Do I try to take it back and get another one to try? Friends say “stupid Chinese parts” I’m sure NPD sells a mountain of them and if they down have a bunch coming back I’m likely to be SOL... anyone have any ideas? Ahhhh good times

13. 34Larry

34Larry

I Feel your pain and frustration. We all have these days, your not alone.

Deuces likes this.
  14. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

On the way back from Lead Ain't Dead, I passed thru the same point in Tulsa 5 times (southbound, northbound, southbound, northbound, southbound). Took me a while to figure out the detour signs...

stanlow69 and swade41 like this.
  15. way better than crumpets.

16. Yea...old cars pretty much suck. Not sure why I like them so much some days. :D

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, stupid old cars.
    Wait...
    If it was easy...
    You wouldn't experience nearly the level of self-satisfaction when you're done.

Okay, enough pep talk.
    I think you might prefer answers... LOL.

I don't know a lot about the Fords. I know they changed stuff a lot. All I can think of is to take your flywheel with you when you get your starter and make sure those suckers mesh nice. I think there were different gears even on the starters themselves. I might be wrong. Hope a Ford guy can help you.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're in Livonia Michigan. If you ever get out around Lapeer, Imlay City, Capac... we're close to Yale... you're welcome to send me a message and spend a little time on the farm here and de-stress a little. We can pet the deer, play with the dogs, ride the Gator around the place, go swimming, clean the barn, build an addition, install my engine and trans...
    You won't be stressed at all when we're done.
    LOL
    Good luck. Have fun.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Muttley

Muttley

Those Guys Are Fags.gif

54BOMB, slack and tb33anda3rd like this.
  20. I've heard that mating Ford motors to Ford transmissions is shit show unless you know they were mated originally.
    That's why I stick with nailheads, hemis, and chevies....:)
    Start the bashing now!

21. slack

slack

Some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you. If I was there, you would get a big old hug from a big old dude and it would put everything in perspective. Ahhhh, nirvana.
    it really do be like that.jpg