Register now to get rid of these ads!

got wood?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by erock805, Oct 28, 2006.

1. erock805

erock805

Newb question... What does the wood bracing in the cab of my 34 ford pu for?

Does is actually help brace the body? Was it just to hold interior pieces? Both?

2. I think it was there just because Henery was too stuborn to admit he was wrong. Afterall that was one of his more notable arguments with the Dodge Brothers that eventualy led to them leaving Henry. If your looking to restore the truck replace as necessary, FordWood.com has most kits. If your hotroding, replace the wood with steel, other than, maybe if you have a soft top. But most wood by that point was just to screw things too.

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If the truck is close to stock, the upper seat cushion hangs off the slanted vertical pieces. The top bar of the rear seat spring rides on the horizontal piece. I think a lot of their purpose it to prevnt "oil canning" of the rear panel.

[​IMG]

I like the carriage bolts in the rear panel. One of the idiosyncracies of the 32-34 P/U.

4. erock805

erock805

I like the carriage bolts as well. I am getting alot of creeking in the cab and i am thinking its coming from the wood...perhaps its loose...thanks for the responses Tommy and NAM...

Register now to get rid of these ads!