Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got Wood? Body Mounts AV8 ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greasemunkee, Apr 21, 2011.

1. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

I've gotten to the point where I have to start mocking up the body on my '29 Roadie, but realized too late I threw away all the original nasty wood body blocks. Anyone out there have a set of body blocks they can measure the thickness on and let me know what it is. Want to get the steering and other things mocked up and don't want to wait for the new set to get here. :D

2. Personally I don't think it's as easy as just matching the wood thickness. I purchased a "kit" (RPU) and they are all intentionally machined here and there for a specific fit, some fit inside subrails and the front ones sandwich into the subrails, the middle ones have a machined area to fit the frame rail. Unless you have lots of time and good patterns I'd suggest ordering a "kit" for your car, they are very affordable.

3. trad27

trad27

From what I got he is just needing the thickness to mock up the body from the frame to more acuratly set up steering ect... But you are right they are alot more complecated to make than they would sound, I would get the measurments off my '29 pickup but it is all together.