Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Got the new project home today and to my surprise....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike hamel, Feb 21, 2010.

1. mike hamel

mike hamel

YA I am getting the feeling too that if I but on some bigger front tires that the body will look smaller and the chop will look even better, the fronts just look too small for the 18's in the rear end too. 6.00 16's might be too big for me, Ill see the overall diameter of a 5.00 or 5.50 and go from there. Well anybody want to buy 4.50-4.75 16's Firestone Classic Coker tires?

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks bad ass! Good call on the fronts. They are indeed too small. I agree on going with 6.0.

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Snow burnout" in the driveway. LOL I'm jealous, Mike. I love your coupe. Beautiful chop, and have always liked the "swoop" of the front inner fender on an unchanneled fenderless "33/'34.

4. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

That is the first thing that came to me was the front tires were too small for the car. I have 500X16 on an A of mine and I think they are too small. You have 18" in back to balance out. Maybe a 600X16 or go with a small 18" tire and rim.

Neal

5. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,LQQKS GREAT !!! who did the work ???
    b

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

MIKE HAMEL, where do you come up with all this cool shit??? You sell more cool shit then all of us will have in a life time and then you turn around and replace it with even better shit.

Damn that 3 window is fucking cooooool.

7. The 3 window looks bitchin....but you'll need to talk to Al Gore about the snow

8. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

thats pretty bitchin dude!

9. Muttley

Muttley

10. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Looks amazing...!

11. SteadyT

SteadyT

12. the-rodster

the-rodster

When I first looked at the pics I thought...

1. Killer chop

2. what size tires are up front, they look tiny

13. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,I know ,,i should Chop my "T" ,,BUT ,,it's Gen-U-Wine 1927 Henry Ford STEEL ,,so,,,i'll leave it a "Phone Booth" coupe ,,,Oh ,,that's my son on the left ,,Neon_Charly and Me ,,Flames & PinStriping by ME,,Myself & I ,,,lol,lol,,
    [​IMG]

14. Wow,:eek:,the chop is about as good as it gets! HRP

15. 1930roadster

1930roadster

Thats so low you'd bump your head on a good bump...
    PERFECT! love that car

16. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>.,MIKE ,,,Love the Coupe ,,,My best friend ,Bob Nall ,of over 50 years ,,,we went to Hi-School together in Marshalltown ,Iowa ,,he owns the "Adult Toy Factory" a great hot rod shop in Las Cruces ,New Mex ,,He say's ,,anybody can restore or leave one as is ,,but ,,it takes a REAL MAN TO CHOP ONE UP <,!!! lol,,Guess i better let him Chop My T ,,Eh ???
    MIKE,,you did GQQD DEWD !!!

17. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

That is sick, sick, sick!! Bigger front tires!

18. shoebox50

shoebox50

Looking Good!!!

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Seems a little too much chop for the street, but if it's a Bonneville car, then right on.

20. My new favorite car...

21. hvychvy

hvychvy

Wow!!!That looks so BITCHIN !!!!!!

22. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Killer Chop. I can't wait until the Snow goes the Hell away.

We get 120" per year !! Back to the shop to Hibernate !!

23. mike hamel

mike hamel

Hey Thanks everybody for the positive response! It was tough to come up with a number on how much to chop, I researched chops down back in the day for Bonneville and talked to my chop man and he knew all of those chops where done like crap. We came up with our own chop and I think its a winner. Anything more and the car would of looked very squashed, like 7" or so like the pierson bros coupe. They accomidate the heavy chop with a track nose that I will not be doing, also channeled would of helped. All in all what do you guys think about the color? I was thinking about painting the wheels and wishbones and a few other parts cream? Maybe a maroon? I dont know, I havent decided yet. It also has a built flattie in it that getting Tattersfield speed parts put on it. Cant wait to drop the rear end with the Halibrand quickchange and the T spring.

24. Mike, Looks awesome man. I talked with Ray tonight and sent him some pictures of my frame mods. He will forward them to you. Ray can give you my number if you want to chat about stuff. I will be in San Diego for the Big 3 this weekend. I was hoping to see you there maybe. Looking at your car is getting me so stoked. Dale

25. mike hamel

mike hamel

Hey Dale! Great hearing from you, Ray did forward me those pictures and they sure will help me when we rework the gas tank and rear frame horns, I really like the flow that you put in the model a rear crossmember and how you grafted it to the stock 34 one. I will sure be calling you if I have any questions but I can get a good idea off of your pictures. Thanks again Dale and cant wait to see your car too!

26. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

thats wicked lookin, love it! not sure but just my opinion, i love the exposed tank.. gives the ass end a racey look.. have the tank chromed or throw in a long moon tank maybe? idk... what ever you decide the car looks meeaaannnn!

27. mike,
    anything to update?.
    Al.

28. mike hamel

mike hamel

Al, the car is at the painters right now getting a full paint job and numbers on the doors and some cool other stuff. I should be getting it back tomorrow, which then I will post pictures asap!

29. TMoney

TMoney

Wicked lookin chop. Can't wait to see more on this car.