Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Got the Cadillac all one color check it out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54Caddy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Well i just finished painting it last weekend and washed it up today. It looks good if you ask me but let me know what you guys think. Im also in the process of building my 350 i just finished up my heads and should be taking in the block soon to get the machine work done. The sanding was brudal. I was outside till about 11 two nites in a row and last weekend it got really cold in the low 40's at nite and i was water sanding, it was very cold but had to do it to get it painted. Im like the way it came out. Do you guys think it needs to be lower or what im debating on that rite now the front still needs the weight of the motor keep that in mind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Lookin' good...now all you need is that "serape interior"...

R-

4. Squablow

Squablow

Looks pretty straight. I like the little A/C ducts on the rear quarters.

But yeah, what is serape interior?

5. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

40 degrees and wet sanding. I feel for ya bud. The car looks good. I got a special place in my heart for the 50's Caddy. Love 'em. Looks like you're doin it justice.;)

6. A serape is a the multicolored Mexican blanket that sometimes gets used for seat covers.

You're going to have to wait to get the engine back in to really know what your ride height is.

7. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

40StudeDude: Yeah it needs the interior and a damn drivetrain. Whats up with your caddy?

And i think im going to leave it at its stock stance, it looks good to me.

8. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

It does look like a nice straight body.

9. Racrdad

Racrdad

Cool!! - but get yourself a respirator, your lungs will thank you when you're older.

10. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

respirator and some pants, if its 40 degrees out DAMN SON!!! good looking car tho

11. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

good job keep it up your making good progress

12. Chad s

Chad s

Still no respirator? It was recommended you get one last painting thread. By the time you learn your lesson, it could be too late. Save our life, go get a respirator before you paint again!

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

The '55 is stripped to bare metal right now...I'm in the process of finishing some skirts (mine are only 70 inches long...!!!) for the car. I've removed the door handles and added peaks to the hood and trunk and doing some other minor body mods...

In the meantime, I'm modifying the rear bumper, moving the license plate down...

I've put about 150 miles on the engine and the engine/tranny (500" Caddy and T400) are strong and everything works as it should...

Paint choice is still in the air...but I've still got time to decide that...

R-

14. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

ahaha.. The respirator i need to get one, everyone is telling me that.. and 40StudeDude thats cool man send me some pics..

15. HoldFast

HoldFast

way to keep moving forward.

This is all the progress I've made on mine...

[​IMG]

16. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'd wait until you get the motor in before you start adjusting ride height, but I'd probably go lower.

17. Old61

Old61
    from PA

Invest in PPE. The life you save may be your own.
    PPE = Personal Protection Equipment

18. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Put a god damn mask on!

Other than that the car looks good.

19. Yeah, get a respirator. You don't want to be on O2 24/7, 365. Use cheap insurance now while you can.

20. Draginit1290

Draginit1290
    from Mesa, AZ

car looks good man,,, i havnt been on in a while, found this thread, but my first thought was u need a respirator lol,,apparently i wasnt the only one haha..im hopin to get up there and check it out soon and get my 54 out of storage same time. got your motor in yet? betta be driven that thing when i get up there haha. oh and one more thing..*whispers* LOWER IT! :)

-add-...haha,, i see my hood in the background of couple pics,,,throw it in the trash for me would ya, its lookin pretty bad.. just kidding.