Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got offered a '51 Ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tumbler, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

Sorry no pics. Sounds like a decent project. The guy who told me about it has done a lot of the work on it. The body is straight, no rust. Its currently in primer. It has a great running 472 Caddy in it with a TH400. Needs a master cylinder, wheels and glass to be drivable. The guy wants 2K, sounds like a good deal to me but I thought I'd run it by all of you. Not sure if its my favorite thing but maybe I can trade it for something else. Any ways I wanted to hear what you guys thought.

2. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

doesnt sound like a bad deal.does he have a title? i have a 51 f-1 im working on. cool trucks.

3. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

i would do it if you got the extra money and room. sounds like a decent deal.

4. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

He lost the title. Sounds like it was in his name though. He thinks its a big issue but I know it can be solved pretty easily with one form from the DMV. That is if it was in his name.

5. sounds good to me...

6. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

The F1's are very cool. I would be checking out the frame on this one, the caddy w/tranny is heavy and the frame would probably need some mods' or swapout. I had a 460 in one of my F1's and it was a little too heavy for the stock frame. Sounds like a good deal though, would like to see some pics if you get it.