Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my parts cars for my delivery the tree fell on... pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpeedRacer2002, Jan 9, 2004.

1. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

Well here are my parts cars... the complete one im gonna save for a gasser project someday... the light green one thats missing the front metal is gonna donate its roof to the cause.... i just gotta get this thing back on the road it was my first car had it since i was 12 im now 24 and also gotta find the time to do it.. anyway thought i would share... btw i gave 600 for the two cars didnt think that was a bad deal...

Attached Files:

2. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

someday ill do more than one pic at a time

Attached Files:

3. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

and another

Attached Files:

4. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

and i think i might wanna chop it this time...

Attached Files:

5. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

It makes me sad every time I see those photos of the "Tree Top" Delivery... [​IMG]

6. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

Hell i have to look at the bastard every day..... makes me sick...

7. buicksarecool

buicksarecool

Oh man...that sucks. I must have missed the post on that one. What happened? At least you can salavage it. I knew a guy with an 31 Ford that met up head on with a tree. No more 31. 600 bones doesn't seem too bad.

8. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

We had just bought a new house and i had my car sittin out front under the tree so it wouldnt get hot inside... didnt know the damn tree was kinda just sittin there no roots in the ground it was rotten as hell..... came home seen the tree fallin as i was pullin in the drive way... sucked ass...

Attached Files:

9. Good deal and you got enough left over for the next project.

10. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

still makes me sad. and to actually SEE it fall and be able to do nothin about it. thats gotta make it suck even worse. i've been wondering if you where gonna fix it. the sentimental value alone makes it worth it.

if you've never done this kind of repair talk to some professionals that have. there is bound to be ALOT of things out of whack. some things you might not realize. there is a real art to repairing this kind of damage. you wanna do it right. the first thing to do is put it on a frame rack and pull as much as possible as close as possible to where it should be. you can have a body shop do just that part for you. MECUTEM is a PRO with a frame rack and has one at home. he does that part FOR the body shops and they finish em. drop him an email. Steve is a real nice guy and will have some real good advice i'm sure.

Mike

11. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Just use the whole cab of the spare. You have more than just roof damage there. It's bowed and buckled more than you think. You can still chop it, would be cool. </font>

12. Kustm52

Kustm52

Glad to see you making progress....had a friend ask the other day what you had done with it...(he was in the shop looking over my shoulder when the original post was made). Wish you was a little closer, I'd be glad to help....

Brian

13. I'd definetly give it a chop job while I was in there. You have enough roof sections to do a killer chop!

Then I'd give it a cool name too...Speedy Tree Service or something that has something to do with trees. [​IMG]

14. Well, THAT oughta keep you busy for awhile. Quite a job. I gotta buddy here that builds 50 Olds out of his shop. He used a common 50 Olds 4 door and cut it at the windshield posts and down the rockers. Took the top, doors and rear section off and installed the rear section of a 50 chevy delivery to make an undectable counterfiet 50 Olds delivery...But, once again, I ramble pointlessly...
    Still, I can envision a kick ass 53 Olds sedan delivery with all those parts and a common 53 olds 4 door...