Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Got My New Daily Driving Project, 1959 Ford F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krackerjack88, Mar 28, 2010.

1. 100% Matt

100% Matt

"stylesides" :)

2. thanks :D

3. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Well no updates for pics. Got all new brakes all the way around. Phew! Believe me I hate drum brakes even more now! Next will be replacing the leaf springs with some original de-arched ones. Anyone know a place in Fresno that does this? And how many springs can I take out of the rear?front? While still being safe?

4. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Well today I had some time so I blocked the whole truck to find what needed to be fixed. Tomorrow is body work and hopefully primer. I decided to go with a Hot Rod Flatz hot rod Black. I found some that is going to be left over from a customer we have. Roof is going a Candy green with green flake as well as the door jams,dash, and anything else inside the cab. :D

Attached Files:

5. Sounds cool, I would go with red flake instead of green.....sometimes green doesn't look very good with black...IMO

6. Is it lowered a little already? Seems to sit lower than my '60.

7. Rain_man

Rain_man

looks good i like the idea of the green with black
    love the wide whites!

8. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Yeah it is lowered a bit already. But they took out leafs and heated the springs. So I have original unheated springs that I'm going to have dearched and swap them out. It will probably sit just as low as it is right now in front but 2 to 3 inches lower in the rear. So about level with eachother.

9. It looks pretty good lowered just a little bit, I'm thinking about getting a Sids drop axle for my '60 and notching the rear.

10. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

When you do a drop axel do you have to re do some of the steering?

11. I've heard some guys say they heat and bend the steering arm back to horizontal to reduce bumpsteer...

12. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Does anyone have a picture of there gauges from a 59 F100? I've been searching and just need to know what the upper 2 small gauges are. Thanks.

13. Here is mine, 1959
    [​IMG]

14. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Thanks bro! Gas gauge works. Was hoping it wasn't the TEMP.:D

15. Your welcome

16. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Well I made and welded the filler panels for where the front bumper was today. I also filled in the holes on the doors (where the OG mirrors were?). I've been kind of side tracked. Should be getting the mud tomorrow and more blocking, and primer.

17. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Got the paint and flake for my roof and inside of the truck yesterday. Out of all the colors. This one just stood out to me. Lime Gold Kandy from House of Kolors. The flake is Gold. After I lay the paint on top of a black base it should be gold like this flake. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

• hok.jpg
      hok.jpg
      File size:
      473.7 KB
      Views:
    • hok1.jpg
      hok1.jpg
      File size:
      177.1 KB
      Views:
  18. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Well after picking up my new Millermatic 211 Autoset...:D

Finally started doing some patch work.

When I go the truck the front of the frame was hacked so I welded in some plates where the frame use to be. I also filled in the mirror holes on both doors.

There was rotting through on the bottom of the tailgate so I patched that up also. The people who had it cut out the F O R D emblem on the hood and I will just be filling that in also. Couldn't stand the radiator with paint on it so I stripped it and began to polish.

Oh and the interior is ready for primer.

Attached Files:

19. How's this Bad Boy coming along?

20. Are you rollin without vent windows?

21. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Oh man... After body work, body work, and eh... body work I finally got it about 95% ready for the first coat of primer which should be happening this weekend.

Alot of fixing other peoples "I think this'll work even though it'll look like shit" kind of work.
    Took a rotted out tailgate with about a 1/4" layer of bondo/primer/paint off and went to work on that. I honestly think the tailgate was the roughest part. I'll Post some pics when I get the girly's camera.

I polished out my gauge bezel and intererior windsheild molding for a little shine on the inside. I'll be polishing the air vents, sun visor brackets, and rear view mirror also.

22. Kool! Keep crackin!

23. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Good choice on the gold flake.

24. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Well... Got my first coat of primer on it. Looks alot better when it's all one color! :D

Attached Files:

25. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Will be blocking it again tomorrow.... Next coat of primer should be thursday hope I can get the final paint on by next week.! ;)

26. Trucks lookin' good! You should drive it to Eagle Field this weekend just like it is. We will have a whole group of Fridges there. ;)

27. Looks SMOOOOOOTTTTTHHHH!

28. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Yeah that sounds like a plan. Where is it exactly?

Thanks. How's yours coming along? Anything new?