Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my Jalopy Journal book today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ...got mine today both the book and envelope in excellant condition; great lil book, great photos, and writing,...thanks for this book.
    ...I'd also buy a re-issued no. 1.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. bigblock69n

bigblock69n

Got mine today. The envelope was destroyed but the book is in good shape. I didnt even have to open the envelope to get the book out.

3. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I actually got mine on last last Friday the 29th of June.

And it is great!... at least, as far in as I have allowed myself to read. I am still on the Salt Flat fellow who wouldn't allow a picture( "What's your business" ) taken, so Ryan ya filled the book with many. I'm sure 3 and some years later the point had to be made. hah!

The book arrived a little bruised. But the hot sun here has changed it the most, as the cover has quite a curve now( drying ink? ). Looks good on it:)

I am lovin' this book and I thank you( 3) for getting it done and putting it out... and the best part that I am liking the most, is that you got it to me a whole week before Rodder's "Scrapbook"( and that has been almost a two years paid wait ).

Yes!!, hooray and well done, for the hands-on fellow challenging the limits, by way and given to his own set of tools and what he has to work with.

Cheers Ryan

4. oj

oj

Got mine too! The package has some 'postal patina' to verify that the post office touched it but the book is perfect!
    I sat down and started with the first page - i did not skip! - and tore myself away and save some for later, to go watch the sox whup up on the yanks a bit and then this morning i finished. I read and concentrated on every word of that little book, from the opening statement to the last advertiser.
    Terrific! I'm ready for another one, ok?

5. Finally got mine yesterday. Cool beans!

6. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

My copy was waiting for me just inside the front door when I got home after work and after a glass blowing session. It was in perfect shape. I tend to browse new books from back to front, so I got to see all of the fine advertisers who supported it first. Thanks to all of them for helping to make this happen.

Elwood

7. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Recieved ours in the mail today in pristine condition. It's already been passed through the family members in a matter of hours. Beautiful, beautiful job. All I can say is WOW. Very classy; it was money well spent. Thanks Ryan and the crew!

8. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

I got mine yesterday, I'm gonna carry it around to show every one.

9. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

I just got my copy out of the mailbox. The book is in perfect condition, even though the manilla mailer was split down the side (I think that if this was mailed in a titanium fireproof safe, the USPS would figure out how to break it!)

The book is awesome. Worth every penny.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I got mine in my mailbox on Friday and was super stoked!!! Then the next day my backup came in the mail haha!!! Awesome!!

I wrote a little blurb about it on my site I liked it so much.

11. Got mine today in pristine shape! one word awsome!

12. hunter1111

hunter1111

I finally reciieved the envelope today but the problem it was only an envelope. The pkg was opened with nothing inside. I guess someone from usps got an early xmas present.

I dont really understand the usps sometimes, my order was shipped july 3rd with an expected delivery date of july 5th but with the holiday i expexted to wait a little longer. After waiting and waiting i rechecked my tracking and this is what it said.....

July 3rd -shipped out of austin tx-(destination granger(only 1hr from austin)
    July 6th -scanned in bethpage NY ????? (Wtf?)
    July7th - scanned back at austin tx
    July 8th - scanned in at woodway tx (up by waco)
    July 9th- delivered to granger tx -- ( an empty envelope anyway)

Can someone explain that?

13. 4dr orphan

4dr orphan
    from Michigan

Got my copy this past Saturday (July 7th). Brilliant beyond belief. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying #1 when i ahd the chance. THIS IS A KEEPER!
    Congrats on a superb job well done!
    1/2 Fast Eddie

14. toucan

toucan
    from sc

got mine today with my stickers! it looked great and im settin back to read it, cover to cover

15. Jeff J

Jeff J

Got mine today and all is good and in great shape!!!!!

16. Got 3 today. I for me and 1 for a couple of buddies. Smiles all around!

17. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Mine arrived to Sweden today no problem with envelope or book.

Like it alot.

I don't know if its a Blasphemy to mention this.
    One request please dont put in pictures over two pages next time, it does not give the photos a fair chance to perform....

18. alchemy

alchemy

Got mine in fine shape in the thick tan envelope. Excellent book!

19. X 2. :cool:

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

Got mine too... I've got a great amount of disdain for our local USPS.

When the online tracker said it was shipped and the carrier said he handed it to the man in our office services dept. and it didn't make it to our office, I knew something was odd. The postmaster and the center's manager both said there was no way the system or the carrier could be wrong.

Fast forward to Monday morning when the package arrived with our usual carrier. I called the center manager whom looked up the tracking number and said, "Your office was closed Friday, that's why you didn't get it" It was listed on whatever they see as undeliverable due to business being closed. However, My details (as posted previously, said it was delivered nearly 3 hours before the carrier showed up. WTF?

"I called YOU from my office on FRIDAY. I spoke to you THREE times." I told the mgr. He stumbled, studdered and then said that he didn't know how we could've messed this up. No joke, he said that - nearly verbatum.

I was so aggrivated and flustered I almost lost my cool... but after some mumbles and a deep breath I asked, "How can I be responsible for this? Really, please explain how? You've blamed me for this several times. I get that no one likes hearing complaints but your guys have lied and mismarked things in the system, which mislead our office, and I can't really be upset with it because you, the WHOLE CENTER'S MANAGER is a liar, too."

He replied that he "guesses we'll just have to see it differently."

Good grief.

Anyhow, I am psyched to have finally gotten this book and it arrived in perfect condition.

Thanks for putting out another great product.

Oh and a question. I've only skimmed but If I read correctly, book number one never actually happened, right?

21. Mine arrived here in Maryland yesterday, perfect condition. Ironically, I also got my "Scrapbook" (finally) that my wife ordered for me as a Christmas gift back in December 2011 from TRJ, so I wouldn't worry about being late in getting your books out Ryan

22. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

i got mine in west hills yesterday, perfect condition.. great book, i loved the photos can't wait to read it, i even cought my wife and daughter looking through it!
    now i need to find a copy of volum one!

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

got mine yesterday in good shape thanks to the new improved envelope.

kinda weird reading the "Jalopy Journal" and not being able to type in a comment or reply...

24. markl350

markl350

I came back from vacation and was pleasently suprised to find my copy waiting for me in perfect shape....thanks, it's awesome!

25. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Got mine Saturday in perfect shape thankfully. Read it cover to cover, truly magnificent. Its truly a work of art and you can feel the enthusiasm and dedication in every page. Great job guys!!!! Really inspirational.

26. Got mine in yesterday's mail.
    Mia, my wife, ordered it back at Christmas time as a gift for me.
    I only looked at the first 4 or 5 pages before falling asleep last night but it looked fantastic
    I'm going to need a weeks vacation just to view it all.
    My wife.......she's a KEEPER!

27. i got mine a few days ago. perfect condition...luckily. someone my post person actaully got the envelope stuck in my mail box. i could not get it out.

28. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I arrived home last night, and thankfully the postman had placed it on the front doorstep, out of the weather as we had a nice fall of badly needed rain yesterday. The envelope was nearly ripped open right down one side, but thankfully the the book was in pretty good condition with only a couple of marks, and the alliance tag was also safe. Had a quick look before falling asleep, and it looks good, and has a nice feel to the cover and page quality. Well done guys, I'll put my hand up for next one now!
    Michael

29. Colville

Colville

Ahhh yes. A good day for mail call here in Afghanistan today :)

BTW I also finally joined the Alliance... Wooo hoooo! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  30. Westco48

Westco48

Got mine today in xlnt condition...great book, I really appreciated the work that was put into it, from the content to the wrapper....Im sure it must've of been hard to cherry pick photos for it...Thanks!!