Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my Jalopy Journal book today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Still waiting for mine........

2. Got mine yesterday. Cover was beat up by the topper I ordered, otherwise great! Gonna' start looking inside today, got home too late last night to start reading. Thanks!

3. Puddin Head

Puddin Head
    from Mason, Oh

Got mine last night. A little beatup. The USPS must be throwing these thing like Frisbees. Just started on it today. Great reading and cool pics.

4. n847

n847

^^^^^lol

5. Got mine yesterday and it was great reading about your trip Doug, yep those were the days...........

Got mine in great shape without any issues except now I have to read the thing from cover to cover and have put other projects on hold till thats done!

Oh well at least I don't have to go to work anymore.........

6. Mazooma....OK, educate me. You mentioned the negatives being stored for 44 years. Am I to assume you and maybe others contributed negatives/pictures to be part of the publication? I'm new enough to have missed what has gone into the Journal and why. thanks for your input, Tim

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Tim, my only contribution was the story titled, "Broken Tailbone"....my words, photos, recollections. I kept all the negatives from 1967 in a dark box until last summer when they were scanned, thus retaining some pretty good color.
    As for the other articles, I have no idea how they were contributed.
    I was very fortunate to always have a camera with me in the 1960's, so even luckier to have kept the negatives.
    They were nothing more, to me, than photos that I took. I never thought of them to be of interest to anyone else. They were just "part of my life", so I kept them.
    Having a great memory helps, too...something I was just born with.
    I'm just thankful to have an "audience" for some of this stuff after all these years. Cool stuff isn't all that cool unless it can be shared.
    Seeing someone go "wow" when you show them a photo is priceless.

By the way, some of my enlarged and framed drag racing and "land speed" photos will be auctioned at Gene Winfield's show in October with proceeds going to charity.....

[​IMG]

8. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Yep, I got my two (one for a gift) yesterday. The package looks like someone used it to play fetch with their pack of German Shepards and the books didn't fair so well. I will have to exchange them cause I can't give gift that looks used unless it was a 32' or something.

9. Still waiting on mine. I am guessing that it will be in the second bunch to go out.

10. Still waiting.

11. onedge

onedge

It is a good one fellas no kidding. I'm happy I have one.

12. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Received mine day before yesterday. Very glad I bought it. Well written, great pictures, makes one long for the 'good old days'

13. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'm pretending the USPS people are just taking their time and being careful with mine.

14. TxRat

TxRat

Got mine yesterday. You guys outdid yourselves!!!

Probably the single best item ever offered here...

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  15. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Im still waiting for mine and 2 tag toppers, maybe tomorrow.

16. srs1

srs1

17. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I received my journal in great shape; no road rash as others have experienced.
    <O:p
    However, I have reason to believe that mine is second hand. It had a bookmarker stuck in between page 99 and 100

Thanks Ryan!

<O:p</O:p

Attached Files:

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Got it..............read it................is No.3 in the mail yet? I'm waiting!!! Ryan, no one bats 1.000................are you trying to be the first?:cool::D

Frank

19. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Got mine. Fantastic!!!!

20. Got mine yesterday, kinda scared to look inside the mangled package at first; but some how there was no damage to the book.

I have received lots of heavy parts etc in the same envelopes without that much damage,
    someone at Ryan's local post office or the first distribution center must have been pissed, since people in all different parts of the country are getting damaged packages.

Read the road trip story first, really surprised someone had the foresight to take pictures at the time and then to preserve them for our enjoyment besides.

Now on to the rest of book.

21. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I went to the po box and it was there
    Looked at it a little at lunch and I gotta say &#8230;.. Impressive

Ryan
    well done

22. 52stude43

52stude43

23. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Received! It's awesooooooooommmmmmeeeeeeeeee! Beeeeeeg beeeeg thank you to Ryan, Jeff, John and everyone else involved that put it together. Great job!!

24. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

did anyone notice the model A roadster in the background of the Ray Brown rear engine T on page 17 running the High Clearance (Divco to some) wheels? i wonder what year that pic was taken? ....

looking in the background of pics is so cool....like the homeboy on the beach cruiser at the EZ take out window rolling around to see the rail...you can tell he was like 'wtf' hahha

25. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

That kid on the bike rode up and did a double take when he saw the car. He was actually really polite but totally confused by the car being there at the burger joint. Should have seen the crowd gather when Steve fired it up in the drive thru. That was one High adventure day!

26. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i can only imagine all of you guys involved were giggiling like school girls the whole time!!!. cuz i know i was looking at every pic ,hahaha!

27. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Bought 2 and received them....absolutely wonderful. Would love to be part of it.

28. bruce bowe

bruce bowe

received two days ago, awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Still waiting for my copy and other items but I wish I shared your optimism and faith in the postal system

30. moefuzz

moefuzz