Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Got my '34 back together today but...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by six pack to go, Apr 28, 2009.

1. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

UPDATE, 10/15/12!!!!! I have a leak somewhere in my braking system...took her around the block anyhow!!! Here are some befor and after pics....still a work in progress...hope ya enjoy! ~E[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[​IMG]
    This is the picture that I saw on a website, ask the guy if it was for sale, he said no but gave me a price.....a 24 hour drive from Jersey to Indiana one shot, there and back when gas was $3.65 a gallon...and now shes alll mine....still a work in progress!

[​IMG]
    This is today, I changed the wheels, swapped out a mini-van seat for 66 mustang buckets, fixed and finished the floor and a few odds and ends...still not finished...

[​IMG]
    The '34 when I just got her, sold the RPU to pay back my friend that loaned me the loot!

[​IMG]
    The '55 is my daily driver....its real smooovvveeee....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nice old-time piece, don't get weak and shorten, chrome or change the oil filler/breather pipe and the OEM filter canister! That only adds to the old time flavor of the car.
    I'd prefer the mini-van bench to the Mustang buckets for seating just because the bench is more "authentic" in my mind for the car and matches the era of the WWW more than buckets do. But...comfort is what I'm all about too so enjoy.
    This car is really striking in it's simplicity and with finish paint, even the grille, would still catch the eyes of discerning rodders everywhere...maybe it is it the full height top helping quite a bit.
    Love it.

3. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Thanks pasadenahotrod, actually, the roof is chopped 2.5 inches and the guy who built it was 6'2"....on the other hand, Im 5'6" so, the bench wouldnt allow me to shift the 3 speed....Yea, I also like the breather and oil canister, I just sanded down the old paint and re-painted them gloss black. I really want to chop it some more but am un-decided as of right now....I also would like to fish the body work and paint it blue...Im a huge fan af the Kassa coupe and was going to go for that late 50's early 60's look...but like a high school kid at the time would drive....here is a pic of the Kassa coupe for those who dont know of it...

Attached Files:

4. 31whitey

31whitey

Came out rad...

hard to beat a channeled, black,34 5w...

unless....one would do a 34 truck shell....straight out of Cool cars square roll bars.

Just fucking around man....you did a great job.

5. shainerman

shainerman

Looks awesome, way better then when you got it. I like that grill shell, whats it off of?

6. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

HAHAHA...yea man, thanks for giving me the heads up about that book, one of the best!

7. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Very very nice. I'll agree with the guy that said to keep the old oil canister and resist the urge to chrome it out. That car already looks like something a kid would've driven to highschool back in the day. Although, the direction you said you're going with it won't hurt it a bit. I like that grille shell in there too!

8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

That is the origional '34 grill shell....its the same rusty one, I stripped it all down, welded in some bracing in the bottom and painted it....came out ok...I cant afford a nice crome one....its going to be black for now.

9. Texas-Greaser

Texas-Greaser
    from EAST PLANO

Slick ride. Blue would look nice. SOLID!

10. shainerman

shainerman

I think that shell looks killer. I guess Ive just never paid attention to them because I usually don't see them fenderless and hoodless, haha. Leave it black.

11. HotRod33

HotRod33

I think you have a winner... fix the brakes and drive it....

12. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

That thing is cool, man...
    I wish I had me one...Its the holy grail, for me. Or maybe a '33/'34 Plymouth. Enjoy!

13. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Hey Mark, thanks bro....yea the 33/34's are my fav! Cant wait to see that truck at Motor speedway...looks mean! ~e

14. 2-TONED

2-TONED

LOOKS GOOOOD!

34 ford -- "king of the classics!" :)

15. RPU Rick

RPU Rick

Good as is, fix the brakes as said above and...DRIVE IT!
    Rick.

16. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Any updates on your car.......?????

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Not cosmetic, had a little problem with the generator, its out right now being re-built....this winter, the plan is to swap out the worn flattie for another flattie, finish the body and paint her Washington Blue color with just a bit more brightness....just 2 more shows I want to attend this year then the teardown begins...later ~E

18. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Generator is back in, Generating!! 75 degrees here in October, out in the '34 today lovin' it....GONE!

19. very cool. looks like a lot of fun.

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's a nice car.

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sweet little car.

22. Truckedup

Truckedup

Yeah,that is a nice car.................Question,You're from Jersey?,I grew up in North Jersey,moved in 1974.At that time I believe you could never get a car like that pass the Jersey inspection Nazi's.I never saw hot rods in the 50-70's.The rules have changed I guess?

23. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

my grandpa grew up in New Jersey...and he and his friends all had hot rods... drove them everywhere, everyday (from what I'm told)

He had a 36 cabriolet, also had this 50's "special"
    [​IMG]

also had another home-built special that he, his brother, and his friend Charlie were building (never finished it though)
    [​IMG]

Charlie had this channeled 34 roadster
    [​IMG]

and another guy that lived down the street had a channeled 32 roadster

24. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

UPDATE on my '34....swaped out the worn flattie for a re-built 1950 Ford .60 over...just waiting for the new voltage regulator to re-wire her....getting closer to having a nice hot rod with a paint job and everything.....

[​IMG]

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

26. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

At the shop, I gotta thank my buddy Bill for really helping me with this project!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

saw it today at bill k's, nice ride, a thrash for the jalopy showdown?

28. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

you nailed it with this build! Great work!

29. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Thanks Big John, I have to work Sat. so I cant make the showdown...mabe next year... see ya around! ~Eric

30. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Got her running today, feels good to drive the ol' gal again....re-building the carbs next!