Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got me a new Project - 29 Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Bones - I too am building a 29 tudor - keep the photos coming!

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Spudz, I heard you made it down last weekend, sorry I was not here to stop by and say hi.. Jeff said you hung out in his garage.. that Henry J is cool isnt it....

Levis, Ya will have to pass info back and forth..

3. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

I am allso building a 28 2 door sedan 3 inch chop 348 tri power. American 5 spokes and primer. Looks good man. Keep the photos comong. John [​IMG]

4. Boones!!!

That looks solid...nice project!
    Steve

5. Still need to bring mine home. Rust free and 99% complete. New laquer paint, rebuilt 59A, 39 3spd, dropped axle, juice brakes, pair of strombergs and 35 ford spokes. Someone needs to put this bad boy together. I love A sedans. Yours looks nice and dry. Congrats

Attached Files:

6. ratster

ratster

cool find Boones, bet you wish you kept your 32 frame now. Now get busy and bring down to the Nats.

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Ratster, Ya i wish I had the 32 chassis back.. at the time I needed the money... you play the hand you are dealt... Dont think it will be road worthy this year as funds will be slow to develop.. My goal is to have a roller by next year this time...

8. you're gonna run a windshield? woosy - Cool ass ride - I was thinking you got a 51 sedan for some reason. Damn - that thing is gonna be bad. I've got some wheels I'll donate to you to get it rolling around - 2 14x6 and 2 15x 7's they are already red dude.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Body looks great and the buildup sounds perfect....well....except for the mint green paint??? [​IMG] Your wife pick that color??? [​IMG]

Congrats bud! [​IMG]

10. just steve

just steve
    Member Emeritus

Pickup windshield frames are different -- slightly taller, I believe. I remember having a helluva time finding one for my 29 pu cab years ago -- kept finding sedan ones that were too short. But coupe/sedan are the same.

Boones, I have some garnish moldings/window regulators and other interior pieces for a 29 sedan. Give me the word and they're yours.

later,

Steve.

11. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Not green but cool

12. Roothawg

Roothawg

I can send ya pics of the Fly if that would help? Of course I don't have any fenders.....

13. Howbout something a little different?

Attached Files:

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

COUGDAN- looks like someone tried to make an aerodynamic BRICK. [​IMG]

get ahold of Hotroddrummer for a duece frame, i bet he could hook you up REAL good with anything from rails to a full roller. you should check into it.

here is a pic of my 29 tudor sedan....

[​IMG]

15. jdubbya

jdubbya

Here is my 28, chopped 4, channeled 3, on a hand made frame, Suicide front end. I bought the car with the hard stuff done, I have added the wheel/tire combo doing the interior as we speek, and basically have been ironing the bugs out and adding my own touches. Good Luck -Joe

Attached Files:

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Denise, the mint green (with a pearl or flake) was my idea and some highlight scallops - look at RJ #2 and the silverblue sedan - same concept but in green.. I have always like the color and with a white top I thought it may look good.

Just Steve, sent you a PM

Fuel... I have that pic and it has alot of the look I am going after....

17. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boones, something like this? I know it's not a highboy

18. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

Nice find ! Take a look at Sorchik's drawing in the new Rodder's Digest. It's a cartoon, but you get the idea. If you need some A parts, let me know. I have a couple of friends who are into restoring them, and have a pile of parts.

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

MP33... you are getting close... this pic brings up an idea I was having.. I was wondering what a 32 sedan roof would look like in a Model A and also a cowl vent.. Just thoughts..

20. NealinCA

NealinCA

Here is one of my favorites. I saved this form the HAMB along time ago.

Attached Files:

21. kustomd

kustomd

I have one also that I am in the process of collecting parts for but I haven't decided to go highboy or low. I like both. I realy like the model that was posted on here with all the strombergs and green paint thats what I would like mine to look like eventually. Being as I am pretty tall I'll probably indup building a fenderless highboy. Mainly cause I don't have any fenders.

22. spudz

spudz

Yeah boones, that Henry J is fuckin awesome. I never seen anything like that thing lol. I love it. We all gotta get together one weekend.