Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got Me A Mo Door - 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kevintothej, Jun 23, 2011.

1. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

[​IMG]

Thought I might as well start with the photo. Haha!!

Picked this up over the weekend. I had a fist full of $100 bills on hand as I was looking for a Honda as a DD when I stumbled onto this '62 for only a small portion of those bills. It's formal name is 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air 4 door Sedan that is a rust free solid survivor. Really straight rust free body. Did I mention the body is rust free? Haha.

Plans are to get it up and road worthy first of all, and make the interior usable.

I think I have myself a better daily driver then a Honda. Hahaha!!

2. Sauli

Sauli

Yes You did well. I´d love to have something like that for a daily driver. What do You have for motor in it?
    With fresh service parts in the stock suspension/brakes/steering these cars ride real nice and with the L6/ stock SB(?), should get pretty decent mileage, too.

And please don´t paint it flat black w/red wheels, or "drop it and shave it" like You no doubt will be told to do here in a few minutes probably like 7 times over, ´cause that just looks like HELL.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  3. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

Its got the 235 straight 6, which is all I need in a daily cruiser. I already got parts on the way to get it back road worthy.

I have NO plans of painting it flat black or puttin it on red wheels!! I will be lowering it tho, as I dont like the massive gap from the top of the tires to the fender wells, but only a few inches.

4. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

nice score! im going to look at a 62 comet this afternoon for use as a DD. Has a 6 with 3spd OD AT. Way better than the s10 i was thinking about.

5. Rebracer

Rebracer

Agreed, these big cars look like slugs when they are lowered too much, and the proportions are always way off. Stock height is actually very nice on early 60's cars. I understand your opinion about the gaps above the wheels, thats understandable... but these cars on here that are are 1 to 2 inches off of the pavement are just not attractive for these big body cars in my opinion. Good Luck though on your new toy, these big four door 59-63 cars are great and alot of fun!

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

looks like a great grocery getter

7. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

Some parts arrived the other day. Better get to work.
    [​IMG]

Cars on the lift with the wheels off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brakes all broke down. Now to put on the new.
    [​IMG]

Taillight mock up. Still need some better fitting, but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

Off to the tire shop to get the drums turned and the old tires removed so I can blast and paint the wheels.
    [​IMG]

8. long island vic

long island vic

if you want go with the 235x15 to get the wells looking a little bettermaybe flake the roof and clear the rest,looks factory and those guys in dertoit are alot smarter then us,,,,,now find me one