Register now to get rid of these ads!

got me a hemi!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tim burns, Feb 12, 2005.

1. tim burns

tim burns
    from Oregon

closed the deal to power up my new '28 p/u project, a complete running 392 hemi & tourqflight. 3,000 miles since rebuilt, vertex mag, bbc waterpump, rear sump pan, hotheads intake & v. covers. blew the budget for the project but hey, it's got a hemi!

2. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

"blew the budget for the project but hey, it's got a hemi"

If ya got to blow the budget theres no better way to do it - man that RPU should scream!!

3. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

[congradulations

4. Hey, Burnsie, you getting rid of all the gasser stuff or are you still doin' that (I lost track of everyone since I left Byron's Yahoo group).

5. GOOD score , but ya better stock up on those Depends in gross, yesh, that thing is gonna be fast

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll go along with Mike, that thing IS going to get your attention.

Frank

7. Larry T

Larry T

I'll bet he can handle it, he used to race a Willys that ran 7's in the quarter.

Hey Tim, How about some pictures??
    Larry T

8. George

George

Welcome (or welcome back) to the Hemi club!!!!

9. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

You're my Hero, I'm still looking for one here in the Southeast. Think I may have found one, but still waiting on specifics and pics. Other than it all I can find is the rare 392 Desoto, and Red Ram Hemi's.. and a couple Poly's at Hemi prices.

10. George

George

a 392 Desoto would be rare! Nothing wrong w/a Red Ram.

11. I bet he can then , I can't help remebering when my Henry J's first run was heading toward the left Rail and shooting back to the right , all the way down the track , never ran it again ,took it home and blew it apart + sold it to French Lake Auto Parts, scared the shit out of me w a bored out 427 Chev, but it had no front brakes, Ford A i beam w loose shocks and SOLID mounted olds rear ,mid mounted engine, supposedly running around Duluth MN w a caddy motor now. yesh, that thing was scary,track guys said "never again, load it up", it was an old lt 50's drag car + not setup very well , I was dumber than a rock about chassis setup then , it was all in the tire pressure on that car.

12. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Thats awesome! Everyone could use an early hemi I think.I want to find a D-500 super red ram, That would be cool.

And dont worry, Budgets are made to be broken, Their more of a general guideline than a rule.

13. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

a guy i know had a '57 deSoto back in the 60's and he SWEARS it came with a 392.it had dual headlights too...

14. jangleguy

jangleguy

Jeez Tim - just when I thought your go-fast days were behind you...Always room for a Hemi, I guess - even in an A-bomb! Congrats...You goin' to March Meet???

15. So, me, my wife, Tim & his wife Diane are out last night having dinner before going to see Hopped Up!! play in Brisbane & I happen to say...So Tim, got an engine for the truck yet? :rolleyes:

He says.....Oh yeah, I picked up a HEMI...... :D

B*stard...I say..... :eek:

Thanks for the assistance tonight, much appreciated...see other thread :cool:

16. tim burns

tim burns
    from Oregon

my racing days are over for good, but you never know, if i find a intake manifold & 1 more carb i can stick my spare blower on the hemi and really have some fun. should i put it in the '28 p/u? or swap out the blown small blcok chevy in my '40 willys coupe and stuff it in there? it might break teh a bone, but the willys chassis can handle it with no problems.