Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods got in a wreck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paul a massaro, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul a massaro

paul a massaro

i peel'd a 75 440 ramcharger 4x4 , don't remember a motor mount cross member , i've got a 72 w200 4x4 . i'll look at it .

Attached Files:

classiccarjack likes this.
  2. paul a massaro

paul a massaro

yes , it was the states color in calif back then , but if i put them next to each other . the oranges are different tones .

3. paul a massaro

paul a massaro

some folks would say just drag another out . but i like to get them all running . hotrodded that is . DSC08177.JPG

4. paul a massaro

paul a massaro

thanks , i should go see my bone cracker , it had been awhile .

5. exterminator

exterminator

6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

There is a maybe 50 sitting near me from Texas , is a super nice untouched truck . Just play with paint with flattening agent you will get close enough for government work . 72 would do it , it’s about 4 inches wide and held into frame on each side with 4 rivers . Thanks so much

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

So you are saying you like the color orange ?:D. Number one take care of yourself first and foremost. Number two, sorry you went through/ going through all that:(

8. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:D All those trucks are cool

10. mountainman2

mountainman2

State Farm does the same thing. Wife got hit by a State Farm agent (exactly like your accident...u-turn into side of her suv) and we had State Farm insurance. State Farm "ruled" that his policy would cover his car and our policy would cover our car. This was done despite an accident report stating he was 100% at fault. That claim on OUR policy resulted in a ding on our record and a rate increase.
    Every insurance company is a liar and a thief given the opportunity and the time.

11. deucemac

deucemac

Your choice is simple. Retain an attorney ASAP. Insurance companies just laugh at private owners doing their own work on the claim. Look for the meanest ambulance chaser you can find and hire him and have him repeat threats of court action. Remember that any insurance agent is an agent of the company and not you. Legal recourse is your only real option. Just do it quickly. The bay area is full of hungry sharks,get one!

12. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

As others have told you., stop trying to handle this yourself. This is what these guys do for a living. You're playing with pro's who do this all day, every day, they will chew you up and spit you out. They will low ball you for sure if you deal with them yourself. Don't play their game. Get a guy to do it for you. They will pay his costs as well as make things right for you. Re your back, it doesn't matter if you have back issues from working all your life, that is beside the point. The accident at least aggravated it, and may have caused additional damage you are unaware of. You need to start running up the medical bills. It's all part of the game. Your medical bills will be covered, you can get some physical therapy out of this, you will get the money you need to fix your truck, but you need to get an attorney to handle it, or you will get screwed. Do it. That's how the game is played, stop trying to do it on your own, you aren't qualified.

mrchewie, exterminator and deucemac like this.
  13. Traditional hot rods and customs.

lurker mick and upspirate like this.
  14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

First a doctor and then a lawyer. I hope you make out ok. Now regarding your truck, wouldn't that damage be considered "patina" as well?

15. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

This may be a little off course here but when my oldest daughter wiped out her Ford Ranger she only had for two months,it was used, an "05" fully loaded ,sport model,bigger tires, wood grain dash, step bars, I built a cab rack, put in a tool box, rubber bed mat it was a real nice pickup, she lost control on a slick highway over the bank she went, there wasns't a straight panel left on it,she had her seat belt on,so she only had bruises, State farm finished the payoff of 5000.00 and put 6000.00 more in her hand, I sent a list of about 1000.00 of what more had been done and they paid on it, the adjuster went out of his way to check everything to see that they paid for all of it,including the high dollar strereo and the step bars,that guy went out of his way to detail it all,I can't bitch about that one. Of course they didn't do much when some asshole with no head lights hit me, they paid the claim to the other party.

Your pickup doesn't look bad enough to be totaled, tell her ins that you'll be sending a bill for it and your doctor.

16. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

As far as getting legal "council", not a totally bad idea, but the more you find out (by digging yourself - & it ain't pretty, or fun), the more you'll realize that that whole lawyer-game n group of "actors" is rigged. Against you. This isn't the site to expound further on this. I will say, however, that ins co really laugh when someone threatens to "get a lawyer & sue". Why do you think that they have the largest group of lawyers on retainer, other than maybe banks or the Govt?

To really cause them to start a Cold Sweat, casually & kindly mention that you'll be sending an affidavit concerning their conduct & how they're handling this, to the State Insurance Commissioners' office. Then do it. Do NOT bluff. Let them deal w/the insurance co.

My brother worked for the St. Paul, in a dept that fix'd things when everything was totally FUBAR'd. He said that when that call from the S.I.C. came in, the upper mgnt-types almost went hysterical. & things got done. Like right now. Because, it's the S.I.C. that determines whether or not that ins co can operate in that particular state.

No guarantee that S.I.C. will help you, but then I suppose there is always "legal". Good luck w/that.

Nice truck, I had a '65 D-200 3/4t stepside for awhile. Tough truck. I have found that the level & type of insur you carry will often determine the outcome involving an old car/truck. Lets just say I've been on the losing end of those deals since ~ '77. Unfortunately, none of the cars were worth insuring as collectables, since they were daily drivers. Too many issues that way, but either way, they got you. $$$ .

BTW; do have the back/neck/etc checked out. Do NOT fudge anything on injury(ies), you really don't want to go down that road. & they *will* watch/record/etc you, which will end up in court. Play that one straight.

Marcus...

Hnstray likes this.
  17. gene-koning

gene-koning

If you don't already have an appraised value on your truck, or comp damage insurance coverage on it with an agreed value, your in for a battle.
    Get some X rays of your back. The accident probably sped up all the future pain, and it won't get any better without expensive help.

When my truck got wrecked in 2011, my head hit the windshield. My 1st conversation with the ladies insurance was a simple "Its going to take $$$$ to fix my truck, which I'm keeping, and your paying for all the medical related bills. I will not settle for anything less." In my case, the truck was a business truck that everyone in town knew belonged to my company, and on top of that it was a snow plow truck and it was in November. If they didn't want to fix my truck, they could replace it with a Dodge snow plow truck ready to go. Within a week, I had a check for $250 more then my "settle" price, and I kept the truck. Having before and after pictures helped my case.

They also covered the medical bills and paid me a little extra for pain and suffering, I thought I was good. Here I am all these years later and I have pain in my neck that sometimes ranges to about a 5 on the 1-10 scale. I wish I would have gotten those X rays back then.

Attached Files:

18. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This isn't an insurance and legal advice forum. lets get back to traditional hot rods and customs alright fellas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.