Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got her on the road for Midnight Mass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SapienKustom, Aug 1, 2007.

1. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Well after thrashing for weeks I got my 55 on the road for Midnight Mass. We working on her up until 2:30 pm got on the road around 3:30 and got to the show around 6:00. Everything went well except a few minor leaks on the way up. On the way back we were rolling trough Modesto and she started to shake pretty bad so I started to pull over and as I did my driver side front hubcap flew of along with two lug nuts. Nothing happened to the hubcap. I got the car pulled over and saw how lucky I was, the other three lugnuts were about to fall of too. We tried to tighten the nuts as tight as we could get them but the threads were pretty jacked up. Luckily a guy buy the name of Kirk stopped and told us he had a little shop right off of the next exit (Kansas Ave) he told us to drive over there and we could work on it there. He was a nice guy gave us some studs off of a new rotor he had there and a spare tire and wheel off of a S-10. I forgot to say my wheel got pretty damaged. We were there for about an hour and then back on the road. Took it easy the rest of the way home. Besides all that I would say it was a success.

Attached Files:

2. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

3. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

4. Congratulations...I checked that car out at the show. It looked good, especially the tail-lights.

I finished my rear suspension at 3:30 the day of the show...the first drive was on the way there :)

Bryan

5. Nitrosquid

Nitrosquid

Beautiful! Yeah, I really dig the tail light treatment too. Sets the car off. That's the one thing about the last minute thrashes, and no short shakedown runs, it's easy to miss something or forget to tighten something. Glad to hear that the damage was relatively minor.

Tommy

6. LuckyBastardMiguel

LuckyBastardMiguel

Sounds almost like what happen to me but my wheel bearing was getting ready to totally seize on me pulled over just in time took the hub cap off one lug nut was loose and the plastic star on my hub cap melted completely and all this happen 200 miles before getting home to L.A sucks ass. By the way I did see you car nice job on it.

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

Nice ride!

8. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Thanks for the compliments. She still needs alot of work but being able to drive her to the show was cool. I tried to make it to the Zombies Picnic and to the Asphalt Invitational but hit a wall each time. Can't wait to take her to BilletProof.

9. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Wish could have seen it close up but I didn't get around much. Waiting for Billetproof so I can see it in person. Glad you made it home safe.

10. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

I too checked it out, and I dug the taillight treatment, what is the actual light peice??

Glad you made it home safe though!

11. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Thanks Bruce.

The taillights are out of a 53 Pontiac Station Wagon. You don't see guys using them to much now, but I've seen in some old RC magazines guys used to run them on 53/54 Chevys. Just wanted something alittle different. When I got the car the rear passenger side was wrecked so I decided to change up the lights. I almost went with a different style housing with a 56 Lincoln tailight, but when I saw these I knew this was the way to go. My dad and I did our best to make the back look different from any other Dodge we had seen. I really liked the way it came out and alot of people at the show were digging on it to, so I guess it worked.

12. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

way to go great job
    it was good seein ya sorry i didnt have to much time to chat
    come on up to the pride of the champ show aug 18 antiaoc

13. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Thanks Alex. Good to see you to, you looked pretty busy at the show. There were so many people and cool cars it was hard to stay in one place for very long. Where in Antioch is that show and what time does it start. I'm going to try to get a couple of guys to to up there with me.