Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got Fired today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

I don't think I am pissed off. I really didn't fit into the mold I was supposed to be like. High stress-good money--way to many hours. Bye Bye!!! Before I jumped into this career I was self employed owning a successful electrical rebuild shop. Sold it. Told myself I wanted a high paying corprate job with all the bennies. Got it. So mission acomplished--on to the next chapter. But I will move on next week. After Memorial day--this will be the first one in 6 years didn't work.
    But also good news. An adjuster showed up from Hagertys today and took a look at a wind damage claim I turned in, looks like they may pay half of a repaint on a 20 year old job. The old Dodge is going to get a fresh coat of pink.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sucks. Been there. It all happens for a reason. Pics of the repaint are mandatory!

3. After I closed the race shop, I tried teaching for a while, that working for someone else lasted about 3 weeks.

4. 50ChevyFrank

50ChevyFrank

Happened to me 6 weeks ago. I have up and down days, you probably will too. Hang in there, and good luck!

5. slammed

slammed

Sound's like a slavery, errr.....salary deal. THEY always come out on top of that gig. Good luck with the search.

6. dudley32

dudley32

had a high pay ..full stress job..big money..job..at one time..
    I wanted out..my oldest friend said..."You aint gonna starve to death if you quit"
    he was so right...

7. Will that put you back in the pink of things?

I'd say sorry about your job but #1 it was just a job and #2 it sounds like you are good with the outcome.

So back to electrical repair along with new paint? Gonna take some time pff and see the USA in your old hooptie?

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  8. Of course there are....mmmmm...guys that love their jobs.....

9. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

Turn the page.

10. horace urrey

horace urrey

didnt get fired i quit. 1 you already know that, you are happier 2. you will survive. i just got tired of people who had never been outside the city limits trying to tell me they knew geography. the really capable people dont need the stress of the tire kickers telling them how to drive

11. Ohio Rodder

Ohio Rodder

Could be the best thing that ever happend to you!
    A good time to refocus and count your blessings.
    Decide what you love, and go do it!

I wish you the best of luck!

12. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Sounds like something on Facebook.

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I deserve to be fired, have for a long time, but just can't bring myself to do it.

14. leadhead51

leadhead51
    from ontario

fresh coat of PINK!!??

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I was laid off after 20 yrs and my wife after 21 years. I took a six dollar an hour pay cut and she now stays home to be the grandma she always wanted to be. Somehow we've made it with less for over two years now. You will do just fine..... hang in there!

16. Goodlife

Goodlife

In my 60 some years of observation it seemed more often than not that people who quit or were relieved of duty as such, more often than not ended up in a much better position after the severance. I don't know if a persons motivation is triggered after an event like that or the hands of fate deal better cards. At any rate, the best of luck on this new chapter in life.

17. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

It's Miller time ..all week long.

18. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

it's Miller time...all week long.

19. A fresh coat of pink is always better than a fresh pink coat.

20. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Life is too short to spend 8 hours a day waiting for quiting time.

:p:p:p

21. Screw 'em, you're better off without 'em. Now you can move on and do what you want to do. Put it in drive and start moving forward and don't look back, you'll probably be surprised where you wind up. Probably somewhere you always wanted to be.

22. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Kansas "gets it".

23. TJratz

TJratz

Me too...I hate my job and they know it....Dont get me wrong I love the work I do just not the corporate BS that goes along with it....

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I had a high paying job with benefits but no retirement package. I quit that job and took a lesser paying government job with benefits and a great retirement package. When the economy tanked, my former company went belly up. I'm so glad I had switched. I just retired 2 months ago and am loving life.

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

2 years ago walked out of a job,Been working for myself and looking for a job also,Some people just aint working for.

26. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

and this is relevant to traditional hotrodding? im sorry but this is a waste of space. this isnt livejournal.

27. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

WHAT????and miss all those diversity and computer safety training meetings?

28. I got fired today too. I'm gonna take this opportunity to build a hot rod...and then sell it as soon as it's done so I don't lose my house. Maybe I can make a thing of it.

Best of luck!

29. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I had a great job. Worked with great bunch of people. I got this resentment I was not being paid what I was worth. Found an new gig paying 10k more and within two years it was 20k but I hated the place the people and the work. Live and learn.

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I fire myself almost every day..I just dont get the message and show up for work the next morning to do it all over again..one of these days when i get older its going to stick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.