Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got 'er done! '61 Apache, a project gone into overtime.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 440Dave, May 27, 2012.

1. My wife and i went on one of our road trips to celebrate our first anniversary, flew to Vegas for a week to attend the Ron Fellows Corvette driving school at Spring Mountain, then set off across central and northern California to find something cool to drive home to Canada. We found a pretty solid and roadworthy 1961 Chevy Apache, short stepside, in Fremont. We polished the patina as well as we could and put it in the GoodGuys Pleasanton show the next day, then loaded 'er up and drove home to Vancouver Island, shopping for parts along the way. That was 3 years ago almost to the day, and I figured I would have all the mechanical, body, paint, interior, and wood bed done in 2 months, maybe 3 if I got distracted. Well I got distracted. Its ready for provincial inspection and really just needs a vacuum, some armorall and a little polishing finished, first show and shine is next weekend. Oh yeah, the lug nuts somehow went missing, but I know they'll hide until I buy new ones and then I'll find them in a kitchen drawer or something.

Attached Files:

2. blue57ford

blue57ford

Cool story, neat truck, and kudos to you for keeping the original hood.

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

4. Whoops, it was our birthdays(10 days apart) not our anniversary. Better get that right....

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus