Register now to get rid of these ads!

got any pics of the Maze 57 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merc-o-madness, Jul 23, 2007.

1. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

its prolly my favorite 57 ford its all about the gaud, and it looks sooo drippy i love it

2. RodP

RodP

Here's a couple I scanned. I got to see it in 1957 at the San Jose Autorama. Bob Hienrich's paint was amazing.
    RodP

Attached Files:

3. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

YES!!! besides the paint i also love all the scoops and peaks, fucken badass, every 57 ford should have extreme peaks over the headlights

4. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

what ever happened to this car, does it still exist?

6. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

i just want to throw my car away now.

man, if its still around in that condition [a man can wish], i will drive there to shake the owner's hand, then take his car.

7. RodP

RodP

Here it is in 60. It had been smacked in the front and this was how it looked after the repairs. I always thought that this was supposed to be a base for more paint designs. Gene Carvalho?? did the work on this version. I always liked the earlier front styling better. It was a legendary car to the Drive in Cruisers of the day. I don't believe it still exists. There are a lot of great ideas here for 57 Ford owners.
    RodP

Attached Files:

8. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

He should have just redone it the way it was before the front end crash, he sure made a disaster out of the front end. The top headlights look like they just don't belong there, and the side pipes used as a grille look cheap, especially with their ends square cut! Also the new paint is very plain in comparaison to the flamboyant 1957 paint :(

The original car was killer. Its paint was totally psychedelic and ahead of its times!!

9. Curt Six

Curt Six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12 or 13 years ago I saw a car very similar to this here in Baltimore in black primer - similar enough that when I did come across pictures of the Maze years later I recognized it as being the car I had seen years before. Unfortunately at the time I wasn't familiar with The Maze, so I didn't have any pictures to compare it to, but the bodwork was unusual enough that it just LOOKED like an old custom (not many people were turning out custom cars in Baltimore City in 1995!). I remember thinking it looked like an early version of the bat mobile because of the sculpted scoops on the roof, headlights, and taillights (oddly enough, the car looked more like the original version of the front end, not the 60s version RodP posted). It turned out that the car belonged to actor Max Perlich who was living in town at the time because he was a regular character on the TV series "Homicide", so that would give the car a California connection. When the show was cancelled in 96 or 97, Max and the car left town.

10. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

i love both versions for sure. the front-end treatment on the 2nd version is just unlike anything I've ever seen and really CLEAN. those boys were doing some really clean kustom work back then..

11. mikes51

mikes51

Here's a photo I took of a pic. That's why the photo is a little distorted. It was from Jerry's collection of photos.

12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This one is out there for sure. I love the paint, but it actually takes away from al the body mods, they get lost in the mix. A paint job like that would look killer on a 4 door or a car with marginal body work because you wouldn't be able to tell it's wavy or even notice the back doors. Definitely a styling example for the late 50's Fords done in the late 50s/early 60s style. Some of it I can take and leave. Tube grille is classic, 58 Ford hood is another classic cue. wild peaked headlights are great as are the split bumpers in front. I can leave the rear end treatment though with the inside scoops on the tail fins and the long fin extentions. Looks like something that would put a toddler's eye out at a cruise night.

Definitely not the way I would finish mine, but a great looking car for sure. I preffer my styling a little more subdued