Register now to get rid of these ads!

got acouple questions for setting up my frame and rear end

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by riseabove_xxx, Mar 1, 2011.

1. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

specs:
    1931 chevorlet frame
    1931 model a tudor sedan
    1974 camaro rear end
    adjustibal 4-link

My question is this. What is the best way to set all this up? This is my first car im building and im on a budjet. Im not sure if i should go with shocks, coilovers, springs..... Im not to familure with suspension. I know ill have to make a crossmember for the 4 link brackets (unless mounted to the frame) and the upper crossmember for the springs if i go that route.

sorry if its confusing.

If you need pictures let me know, if you have pictures on how you set yours up that would be amazing.

2. oj

oj

If you aren't an experienced fabricator i'd suggest getting a kit from a good supplier that you can trust. Check on here, 'the welders' series' they make an excellant diy product with all the proper engineering (when i say 'here' i mean the HAMB).
    Check the hamb alliance and you'll find a link to the welders' series website and have a looksee. Part of the hamb provinance is that we won't deisign it for you but we'll let you know when you've done it wrong - more fun for us that way.
    Good luck, oj

3. Well: Good start. Best thing is to ask questions.The next thing is to be prepared for opinions out the wazooo. All that said;ask 6 times and pay once,research and research and research,then ask yourself what you want the finished project to look like. Find one close and hang it on the wall.Take one step at a time,front end,motor,tranny,rearend,etc. Don't use a mustang II front because too much shows. Swap meets are a must on a budget.
    Happy Hunting!!!!!!!

4. tqz

tqz
    from AZ.

Do a search for "how to build a early hotrod frame" it's by brianangas...VERY GOOD READING it might answer a lot of questions your going to have.

Good Luck

5. Ricci32

Ricci32

I would use hairpins, coilovers, panhard bar suspension simple and works great. lots of adjustability..

6. 117harv

117harv

7. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

that helped ALOT, thank you