Register now to get rid of these ads!

got a new parts hauler...for the summer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroddub, Apr 15, 2010.

1. well, my dad picked this up for the drivetrain for an upcoming T project(500 buck out of wyoming junk yard.) the motor was "froze" so we get it home yesterday turns out their is a big ol rats nest between the fly wheel and starter gear. so after we cleaned that out we had it runnin. drove it about 20 miles today so i got the torch and dropped it about 2 inch all the way around, i would of whent more but ran outa torch gas. its a shame its so rusty, theirs bondo over bondo, but its good drivetrain parts. itl be a good parts hauler for the shop for a while i guess.

Attached Files:

2. Never2low

Never2low

That looks like a score to me! Haulin in style:cool:

3. That is my idea of a perfect budget parts hauler / shop vehicle.

4. selohssa

selohssa

I like it. Bag the shit out of it and enjoy!

5. ha, yeah if it were mine id bag it and drag whats left of the rockers. but the thing only has 50k onit and it runs like champ, and it will fly to!:D

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love me some '52- '54 Mercs!!! Great score and I am sure you'll drive the shit out of it! I am not sure if it's going to be a great parts hauler but definitely a cruiser to bop around town in. Nothing better then doing average shit in an old car! Have to pick up milk??? No problem because your driving something cool!

Here's my new '52 that is having a few fuel issues but they are minor. I should have it back on the road this weekend.

[​IMG]

7. Never2low

Never2low

Leather hat and Ace googles required?:D

8. motorhead711

motorhead711

Nice ride man!!

9. That is pretty sweet!

10. thanks guys, my dad and i were takin last night that he's startin to get attached to it maybe well leave it alone, and drive it as is and im cool with that!
    JeffreyJames, that merc is amazing!

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks man! I think if you lowered it a tad and put some Chrome Steelies with some nice whitewall bias plys that car would bee killer! Love the patina on the top! The bottom could benefit from some rot repair but other then that it's a pretty rad little hauler!