Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got a new book today very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 296 V8, Jan 4, 2004.

1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Went over to vintage ford today to off some christmas money. Had every intention of getting the new Hop Up and the Tardel book on building roadsters. but they didnt have ether one. So I picked up that book they previewed in TRJ#23 THE BIRTH OF HOT RODDING. I gota tell you its the coolest book I ever got. Its got lots of big color photos (probably over 50 percent) and good reading so far. Highly recommended if you like 40s dry lake stuff.

2. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

It was my bedside reader last week. I actually read the whole thing cover to cover. Had so much fun that I've started on "The American Hot Rod" this week. Wayno

3. JSM56

JSM56

i can spend hours just looking around vintage ford. i love that place. plus it is always good to check out whats on the board forsale.

4. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    It was my bedside reader last week. I actually read the whole thing cover to cover. Had so much fun that I've started on "The American Hot Rod" this week. Wayno

[/ QUOTE ]

....I got both of those for Christmas. Awesome reference material on the history and developement of hot rodding. Lots of photos I've never seen.....

5. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

If you look at the Vintage Ford Catalog, on the inside of the back cover you'll see my 48 HEMI car on its only trailer trip [​IMG] before I chopped it and made a 3 window coupe [​IMG]

6. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

48 three window! id like to see that [​IMG]