Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gord HAZLETT, Passes. Sad News

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Mar 23, 2013.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I am sure a lot of members from the USA and in Canada and almost all of Ontario knew or have heard of Gorden Hazlett through his association with Old Autos News Paper and the 3 books he has written about Canada and the automobile. He was a fixture and wealth of infomation at most Ontario shows and swap meets. Gord was in his 94 year and lived life the way he wanted to. You have left an impression. R.I.P. Gord HAZLETT.

2. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Used to read Gord a lot in Old Autos......He hada good long life and drove his 26 Pontiac for much of it...RIP

3. Sorry to hear this. I enjoyed his stories and have his book. I will always remember him on my birthday, same day as Gord's. God Bless Gord, RIP.

4. RIP Gord......great car guy for many years.....he'll certainly be missed.

5. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Rest in Peace Gord. Sad news seems to be travelling around this place.

Thank you for passing the news along, I don't get Old Autos any more so I may not have heard.

6. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

RIP Gord. We always tried to say hello to him at Barrie as well as . He is together with his wife, Lorraine I beleive, and family. I hope OldAutos keeps reprinting his stories.

7. Davyj

Davyj

A true story teller. That gentleman has been to more places and seen more cars than any of us ever will. A Canadian icon..........RIP

8. GaryN

GaryN

Sad news to hear. RIP Gord, you will be missed.

9. Snkybstrd

Snkybstrd
    from Toronto

I just got home from Gord's funeral service. It was very well attended and Gord's influence in the old car community was well represented, as was his loving family. Gord was a friend and more to everyone he met and I consider myself lucky to have known him. He will definitely be missed, and his jokes and stories will be remembered for a long time to come.
    What an amazing human being. R.I.P. Gorden Hazlett.

10. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thanks for the information on attendance at the Funeral Service, I could not attend due to a prior doctors appointment, I am glad his friends and supporters did not let him down in this time of rememberance. Larry

11. va3ngc

va3ngc
    from Canada

He was quite the character. He always had a great car story to tell at our club meetings. Fortunately many of his "old auto" stories were written down in his three books (and of course the Old Autos magazine). He will not be forgotten too easily.

12. sorry to hear about Gord passing..Enjoyed his stories in Old Auto,and have one of his books..

Rick

13. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

ya did good rip