Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goonie Bird! Barris custom.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sean, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Sean

Sean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was surfing Craigslist and came across this ad and thought some HAMBer's, like Rikster, would find it interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

thats awesome. hopefully someone who appreciates it buys it.

3. Nice, smoother caps and that would be even better IMO.
    47 not a stupid price!

4. 5WINDOWJOHN

5WINDOWJOHN
    from SO CAL

That's a bad kustom, he says he prefers a 57 chevy or something fun.. Come on!!!! He needs a good one....btw, anyone got 47 big ones i can barrow??

5. VanHorton

VanHorton

the owner is on here... I forget his name. Im suprised its not in the classifieds here, or is it?

6. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

The "Goonie Bird" was built in Buffalo NY.I have friends up there that remember the car when it was built.It is NOT a Barris custom.

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I grew up in the Buffalo NY area.There were a lot of radical custom cars built around there .The Clutch artiest show in Buffalo was inspiration to out build the other guy with the wildest custom. This car was one of them. In 72 I was in a old scrap yard on sunday (nobody was around)and they were crushing every car thanks to ladybird Johnson.I found a radical custom Merc that was in line to go next.I went back on monday morning --Too late-- .What a shame to see lead sled art work go that way. At least the Goony bird survives.

8. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

That car was orange wasn't it?

I saw it at Mickey Taylors shop when i was a kid, I want to say it was in a movie that was filmed in Buffalo called The Soldier, with Ken Wuhl. There was a bar fight scene and when they went outside there were local hot rods in the parking lot. I think it was one.
    My father sold them the truck they blew up at th end, even had his dealers plate on it at the time.
    I remember the ad asvertising this car for sale...

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Who in Buffalo built the "Goonie Bird"? I'm always interested in a custom from my Hometown!

10. A friend of mine (Ed) owned it for a while and had the mechainical work done by other friends (Ron & Sam's) and that purple paint done by another friend (Paul). I do have these snap shots when it was between paint and mechanical.

Attached Files:

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Beautiful car !
    What color is that ? I really like that color .
    BTW , anyone want to but my junky cars for a hell of a lot more money than they are worth so I can buy this car ?
    OH WELL , I TRIED ! :rolleyes:

12. 'Mo

'Mo

According to Bonsey, the paint is a Ford color called "Ultraviolet Pearl." (1996 #50305, I believe.)