Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Goodyear sign letters and winged foot

Discussion in '"The Antiquated" Classifieds' started by Lepus, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Lepus

Lepus

City: Gaithersburg

State: Maryland
    Price: $600
    I have for sale a set of Goodyear sign letters. They are steel, about 20" high each and 8" deep. I mounted them on 2 pieces of 1/2" thick, 2'x8' plywood. I turned a bunch of spool-shaped pieces,and bolted them to the plywood with threaded inserts(probably way over-engineered),to fit through the keyhole-shaped slots in the backs of the letters, so that they are easily attachable to the mounting boards. I have extra spool-shaped pieces for the winged foot, which I never mounted.

I am selling this because I moved and my new garage is smaller.

Letters are painted blue on the outside, white on the inside. There is a little surface rust but not serious -- no holes rusted through. I have the neon for the winged foot and the E, Y, and R only; I had them tested and the foot and two of the letters still work (I have forgotten which two). However, I had this displayed without any neon tubing and it looked great anyway.I don't have the ballasts for the neon. I have the plates that mount inside the letters that the ballasts were mounted on. I had to make a new one for one of the Os.

Local pickup only in Gaithersburg, Maryland, right off Interstate 270 -- about an hour from Pennsylvania, 20 minutes from Virginia. Cash only. Please PM me, Thanks!

good.jpg year.jpg foot.jpg inserts.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Lepus

Lepus