Register now to get rid of these ads!

goodwood pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hershambob, Jun 21, 2007.

1. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

I need to make it to that show one year! What an amazing variety of cars.
    Jimmy White

2. mcload

mcload

Jimmy: One of the problems with GoodWood Revival is that it sells out very quickly. and you surely want a grandstand seat somewhere on the track, otherwise you'll be standing by a fence. Round-trip airfare from Houston to Gatwicke airport is about 900 bucks. I don't recall the breakdown of ticket price, but I think it was about $300 for all three days. You can stay at a bed and breakfast for cheap money, say 60-70 dollars/night (but the room can be awfully small).
    http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/intro.htm

Also, my advice is if you're going to the trouble and expense of getting over to U.K., try to attend Saturday and Sunday at GoodWood, then allow an additional day to go to Brooklands race track museum, and Beaulieu Auto museum (pronounced "bew-lee"). Both are fantastic and worth seeing. If you even had more time, you could run up to the Jaguar-Daimler Heritage museum in Coventry, and Donnington Park race track that has the the largest collection of F1 cars in the world. Lots of great stuff to see in the U.K.

There is also the GoodWood Festival of Speed, which is basically a hillclimb as opposed to the Revival which is a track race. I think Festival of Speed is earlier in the year.

Regards,

3. GeeRam

GeeRam

Patrick, this IS the Festival of Speed in this thread.......;)

As you say, the Revival Meet is in September at the circuit. I'll probably be there again this year in amongst the 'Rockers' bike display.....:D

4. mcload

mcload

Okay thanks, that's why I didn't recognize it as I haven't been to Fest. of Speed, and I didn't recognize any of the display cars. I had seen the cars suspended on cables from my friends photos who did attend Speed Fest. many years ago.

This will probably be my last GoodWood for a couple of years, or until I can take my son. My wife's a little pissed that I'm going for a second year in a row....too bad, babe!

I'm still waiting on my gala invitation from Lord March! ;-)

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

My life is incomplete until I go to Goodwood!

6. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

I'm less than 1 year to retirement. Our financil guy told us we must go on a trip every year. I wish it had been this year so I could have join my friends Al, Jack, Ron and Pete.

This one is on my 'must do list'. The wife just knows we are going to England.

DW

7. hershambob

hershambob

the revival is at lord march,s race circuit,the festival of speed is on his front lawn and the display on the poles and wires in front of his house is changed every year

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Goodwood is a wonderful place from the inside. As an owner/driver they take really good care of you. I hope to be lucky enough to drive up the hill a couple more times before I die.

That was the last time I got to drive that car at real speed.... great way to finish a 25 year affair. It was also the first race I took Mrs. Bluto to. So for many reasons Goodwood will always be special to me.

9. GeeRam

GeeRam

Video from Goodwood already uploaded to YouTube, gives a good flavour of the range of stuff running up the hill...incl the Bob Riggle Hemi Under Glass.

I think the guy filming it is a biker though.......gotta love the sound and sight of that current WSB Ducati running up in the paddock enclosure......:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHpHJ3278ow

10. Paul Y

Paul Y

I always go on Friday as it is a bit more laid back and people are more approachable.

Sooooo.... who did I meet this year?

Bob Riggle. The man has been a hero of mine for many many years and to actually get to have a chat with the guy was the highlight of the week.

[​IMG]

Understandably some people are rather reluctant to stand and have their photograph taken with somebody that is obviously deranged but Bob spent 10 minutes or so showing me round the car, answering my inane questions (will you make it all the way up the hill? Son, with 1500HP and a 4 gallon tank what do you think?) and generally making my day.

[​IMG]

Goodwood is the best event of its kind in the world, where else can you peer through the window of multimillion pound cars and then watch the Wacky racers proceded up the hill?

The construction outside the main house takes several months to erect, the best one in my opinion was the GT40 stand from a few years ago, or the F1 from 05. Cant find a picture of the GT40's but here is one of the F1 cars.

The great thing about this display was that the cars were counterbalanced and so moved up an down!

[​IMG]

A bit like Pebble Beach I suppose, if you can go then you should.

And did anyone else notice the amount of So-Cal flat head and HAMB T shirts being worn this year. We are taking over the world!!!

P.

11. noboD

noboD

Fantastic video, thanks for the link.

12. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

man that lemans charger is awesome saw a bit about it in either hot rod or carcraft cant remember but that thing is cool.
    I saw and article in car and driver about this show along time ago and have wanted to go to it ever since. looks like so much fun and the variety and amount of cars and the fact that it isnt just a static car show is so cool.
    is it a requirement to have a coat with leather elbow patches?

13. Cheer's Graham....

:D

14. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

This event is definately on my to do in the next couple years list.
    Maybe I'll get an invitation to drive the bellytank up the hill. That would rule!.
    LOL.

15. hershambob

hershambob

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    loved this bike
    [​IMG]
    whilst checking out the hemi under glass,s front end my mate snapped this pic of me though the drivers little window

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I never thought I'd live long enough to see Ford Cortinas become glamorous.
    Great pictures.

17. Appleseed

Appleseed

That bike is TITS!

18. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

One of my many regrets is that I failed to make it to Goodwood having lived for over 6 years in the UK! Something always seemed to come up...