Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Scottsdale pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T McG, Nov 19, 2006.

1. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I took these today, and there weren't as many cars or pepole there. Yesterday was crazy crowded, and you couldn't get near the cars for good shots. Definately a great turn out, and a good time after the show at El Polackos, although I didn't have my camera there. There were some good deals in the swap meet, and I heard Go-Kat-Go scored a Model A body cheap! I hope the link works, but if it doesn't, I will reload.
    http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/terrymcg/?action=view&current=PhotoStory3.flv

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

do you have a link without the slide show..

3. Jeeter

Jeeter

Definitely crazy on Saturday. I never saw soo many people. The swap meet was kind of weak, so I bought some literature instead. I will say that there were some amazing cars out there..... Especially that Black 52 or 53 Buick on bags with the most amazing scallop job ever. Steve at industrial chassis put on a welcoming open-shop. That leadwork was killer.

4. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I don't yet simply because I didn't want to upload that many pics, but if there is something in particular you want to see, I would be happy to post it. The pictures are much clearer. Apparantly the program I use for the slide show takes out some of the clarity.

5. Cool slide show, thanks for the pics.

My son is a vendor there and he told me there was a 40 wait to get in the show for the spectators yesterday. Thats alot of people man.

6. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

How about posting the cars for sale with info of possible....stan

7. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

You can't be seroius are you? All I did was take some random pics. There was probably 100 cars for sale there. I would suggest you take a vacation next November from the cold and snow for a visit to this event, that way you can check out the bargains for yourself!

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Nice presentation with the slide show and music.....thanks for sharing that........worth the effort....

Brucie

9. Wasahawaiianrat

Wasahawaiianrat

any pics of the sinners c.c. hahaha

10. It was a total hot rod weekend between the show and El'Ps place it was a really good weekend. The westguard styled 36 3 window was way over the top in fit and finish and the guy that owned it was really cool and was able to answer all my questions. Got to meet the infamous KIRK and we had a good time chatting. A good time was had by all and pops had alot of fun doing the leading demo. Today there was a 28 roadster parked of to the side and seem unassuming unitl I walked up on it and the car was a orginal car that ran on harper lake in the late 30's and then again after the WWII and still had the timing tag on it the dash and was the way it was back then. This car was a total time machine really cool stuff.

11. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Ron, we did a lot of work on that roadster putting the quick change and flathead in it at work. That car actually got a small block in it at one point. It now has a 40 flathead and a vintage ross steering box. I have driven it a lot, and it is a blast. The current owner has traced the car back to 1939, and has a program from el mirage with the car in it some time in the 40s. The trunk lid is stuffed with news papers from los angeles 1941. The car is rolling history. I will try to post some pics of it.

12. That car should have been awarded something it was by far the best car there. He followed me out and we were both on the 101 and the quckie was howling and the car looked so good going down th road. Posting some pics would be great.

13. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Heres a few pics including a driving shot I took with my phone. It was a real rush knowing what I was driving!
    [​IMG]

14. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

15. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

sorry about the double

[​IMG]

16. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

17. Can you post the info on the shop again I would like to come by in the coupe and see the place.

18. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Arizona Street Rods 2544 w. McDowell rd. N.E. corner of 26th ave & McDowell, come around the back off of 26th ave 1st driveway.

19. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

That '29 was amazing... Bob's the owner's name, right? I talked a while with him and his wife Cindy on Sat. about the car. Cool couple with a bad-ass car done right.

This weekend was overload... drags, Goodguys, Steve's, then more GG's... Good to meet a few of you guys; Jim, Brandon and Kirk... I wish every weekend in Phoenix was that rad.

20. desertdroog

desertdroog

I sat on my duff on Saturday afternoon watching the HAMB Chop 06 via the HAMB and youtube. Good show folks! Thankfully, on Sat. night El Polacko gives us locals a treat and opens up his shop to showcase some demos and see what he has in the works. Got to get in on Sunday, that Harper Lakes A was definitely an eye catcher. You could just see how happy that couple was as they were blasting down the 101.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  21. Wasahawaiianrat

Wasahawaiianrat

Anyone have any info on this car i only saw it for a split second on friday and didnt see it any other day. had timing tag and some hot rod issues on display near it with times and that it was from arizona.

[​IMG]

22. Thanks for the pics....I didnt make it but looks like I missed the run of the year...........Hell I just wanted to go to the party at el polackos again.........hot lead and burnouts...gotta love it

23. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

The owners name is Bill. He and Cindy are a couple of the nicest people in the hobby.When we did the work for them, they would always come together to check progress, and while Bill was looking at the car, Cindy was in the back room checking out other engines, and just generally looking around at all the car stuff. She also drives the car, and I can tell you first hand with the sprint car steering, it is a handfull. It is a cool car, with cool owners.

24. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice wheel, what is out of?

25. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

It was hand made by one of the owners quite a few years ago. The guy who now has this car has the names of all the owners back to 1939, which has only been about 6 guys. This car is well documented, and as Ron said earlier, should have gotten recognized. But, the owner is really more interested in having fun with it rather than be famous!

26. Gregory J. Liebau

Gregory J. Liebau
    from Kalifornia

Could I get any more pictures you have the the white T coupe shown near the end of the slideshow? Thank you very much for the display.

-Gregory-

27. Red69Hoss

Red69Hoss

Excellent slide show. I especially liked that straight axel 55 Chevy with the Radir wheels... Thanks for posting this.

28. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Unfortunately this is the only pic I took. The car was up in the awards area, so it apparently won an award of some sort.

[​IMG]

29. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

That 55 was bad ass. I followed him in Saturday and he was runnin it through the gears. It was a very healthy small block with a 4 speed. All around very nice car.
    Thanks for all the comments on the slide show. I used a program called Photo Story 3 for Windows. I didn't even know it was on my computer until recently, and it is way easier to use than uploading all those pics. The downside to it is you loose some clarity.

30. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix