Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Loveland Co 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54FordPanel, Jun 7, 2009.

1. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

2. that was a good show, my feet are still tired though.

doues anyone have pics of that dark green T coupe with the artilery wheels and wooden roof cap...that thing was awesome

3. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

That is one BITCHEN RIDE!!!

4. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great pictures, Thanks for sharing!

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

Very nice pictures. but this afternoon when the rain and light hail showed up it was cold enough to feel like winter again. And came in so fast it had every one running for cover. And they even opened some buildings up for the cars...ghost

6. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

that was a good show. We were up on friday and had a great time. The weather was perfect. Lots of cool cars and trucks showed up that I haven't seen before. Saturday night we were back up in Golden for the supercruise and I was pretty suprised that quite a few cars I saw at Goodguys on friday were in Golden saturday night.

7. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

agree completely!!

8. tomslik

tomslik

i usta own the jimmy....

9. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Great show ,not enough time to see all the cars.Really cool rides.A mix of everything.weather sucked on Sunday.I like sitting at the exit gate seeing all the kick ass cars drive past at the closing of the show. 40 Stude dudes in the works primered Caddy is coming along great.He can't stop driving it long enough to finish it LOL.He gets 50 smiles per gallon with it. Great pictures guys,thanks!

10. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Great show! I'll have to make it up there next year. Thanks for sharing.

-Saint

11. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Great show, Love that stude, followed all the way through Denver, Cool-ass car!!!!

12. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great coverage...thanks!

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

Looks like I missed a killer one! Who's going to Indy this weekend??

14. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

15. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

thanks glad you dig my stude. I posted up a pic of your nixon sticker. looks like we left yesterday just in time.

16. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Damn!Too bad you couldn't make it.I'm sure there were a couple the Fonz would have dug.

17. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

I saw a few.

18. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Yea we were lucky with the weather, couldnt believe it when they said they even got some hail and the awards were cancelled!!! Oh and I saw the picture of the decal, that was pretty cool, thanks...

19. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Sure was a blast taking the Poncho up there, that was my 40 coupe following, but the 53 is tons more fun!!!!!

20. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

I figured as much, your wife had a pretty big grin on her face when she passed me up.

21. I thought is was a good show. Kinda pricy to get in, & not many HAMBers. I was fortunate enough to hook-up with a couple of long time hot rodders & walked the show. I meet some very interesting Colorado racing legends as well as getting some great history on some Colorado hot rod survivors such as this car that was built int he '50's. A true classic flattie, Licoln trans, Colubia 2 speed rear, and the original chrome reverse wheels that were on the car when my guide used to ride to school init when he was 14yrs old.

Attached Files:

22. Any more pics??

23. 54FordPanel, FunnyCar65, & pan-dragger ... good stuff ... thanks for posting all the pics!

I've been waiting quite awhile for Pinkee's to finish the HEMI-powered chopped Tudor ... I loved it in bare metal ... and I knew they were gonna paint it lime green ... but I just don't think I will ever get used to that color choice ... to each their own I guess ... still a bitchin' car.

24. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

ya I was standing there when some random guy called on the price of that little 5 window ..... 30 grand..guy who was selling it must be nuts. I know it was built back in the 50s and maybe an old show car but give me a break.

25. 54FordPanel

54FordPanel

You're welcome! Here's a few more. Hope to see and meet some of you HAMBers next year in person.
    I loved that Cushman scooter!

Attached Files:

26. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

more pics

Attached Files:

27. 1931av8

1931av8

Took some pictures of it Saturday morning. A guy standing there thought I worked for the Rodder's Journal. Seems I had a Rodder's Journal t-shirt on and had a camera...so obviously I must be wanting to write an article on the thing. :rolleyes:
    Anyway, claimed that they had just sold it for $30K. He wanted to tell me the entire story. The wife wanted to see some cars...so didn't hang around too long. Decent chrome and the interior looked to be in good shape. Steering column was REALLY loose. You can see that there is no column around the shaft. Kinda odd for a show car. Definitely looking at lots of work ahead for the buyer to get it reasonably safe for the road.

28. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

30k!... wow down five grand in one month, it was 35k at the bandimere swap meet. it's rough on the bottom. it would take a ton of work to make it safe and road worthy.

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Jeez...for 30K I could have my Caddy pro finished and compete for one of Pinkees' "Builder's Choice" awards....unreal a ruff '32 would command that kind of coin...

R-

30. 1931av8

1931av8

There aren't a lot of original cars left...and therefore the high costs. Definitely not Doane Spencer's car, but does represent some real history. These original cars command some respect and certainly fetch some serious $$ when sold. Might be a better investment than stocks these days!!