Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Kansas City

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racewriter, Aug 23, 2011.

1. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

I'm here. What's going on tonight in KC? Anything car related?

2. Abomination

Abomination

I'll be at Greasarama - at least we're planning on it.

~Jason

3. Racewriter

Racewriter

Not that I know of, unless you want to come help me sand.:D

Tomorrow night there are several cruises and the Greaserama kickoff party.

4. Racewriter

Racewriter

I'd be up for one at Goodguys. Anybody else?

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

6. x2!

7. wizzard23

wizzard23

Hey, I just picked up my 2012 Rustang with the Big Tar Option. Is it to new for GG Sunday?

8. wizzard23

wizzard23

2011 cut-off WTF

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yes, new this year because Sundays are getting smaller every time.

10. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Beat you to it!

[​IMG]

I'll be at the GG show Saturday & Sunday helping my buddy Dwayne ringlead the model car & pedal car show. Stop by & say howdy if i'm there!

11. sololobo

sololobo

Gee, somebody needs a nap, anger management is a tough one. It is unhealthy to harbor this poison. I hope some class credits can be gained by spewing this through the keyboard and not inflicting any physical harm. Under this emotion is a good guy, excuse me I should say a nice guy. Get over it and move on. Jesus loves you! ~sololobo~

12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Just back from Goodguys. My favorite car there.

Attached Files:

13. The last time I Autocrossed the "Rocket Sled" I missed a turn because I was drifting too wildly so I sat in the middle of the track doing doughnuts until I got my bearings were the next turn was located.

I had the shittiest e.t. but the most fun!

One of the officials ran up to my car at the finish line and notified me that I missed a turn and I could run it again to get an official time... so I did it one more time but this time I went on the other side of all the cones and blamed it on dyslexia!!!:D

14. Racewriter

Racewriter

Goodguys was a blast! My dad came up this weekend and did GG with us. Got to meet Gasserlouie, which was good. I considered autocrossing the Mercury, but I was worried that I'd lose the door handles.:D

15. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That 33 3 W is a nice Hot Rod.

16. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Did someone piss in your sandbox or what? Why don't you go hide back under your rock and let these nice people talk about the show. As someone already said if you don't like the show don't go. Also didn't your momma tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say than shut up!

17. slammed

slammed

Let it go^^^, it's already been done and over.

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Troy, did you ever get to meet the talented car builder BCR?

19. Racewriter

Racewriter

No, I didn't. Saw his car a bunch but he was never around it. I actually considered hotwiring it and driving it back to my place....;)

20. BCR

BCR

The keys were in the ignition, but you want to be real careful if you put your foot in it, be ready to steer. Ha Ha

Sorry I missed you. I didn't stay around the cars as much this year. Saw too many people I hadn't seen in awhile so I was busy talking.

Sunday was another story. Worked on a fuel pump on the grey chevy but made it in.

21. I tried to find BCR too!I don't think I ever even found the cars. That show is overwhelming to me.

22. Racewriter

Racewriter

Hey, our paths will cross again! You have one hell of a Falcon, my friend.

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Troy, you could teach Mike (Chester) alot about marketing. This is an opportunity for the both of you. I will make the first suggestion. Mike needs a big sign on his head that says: "I built this car, and I can build one for you too"
    Then he would be required to stay with his show car for marketing purposes. Never mind the fact that his shop is always busy, I don't care about that.....:cool:

24. BCR

BCR

Ha Ha, I would say my style would dictate flying a little lower on the radar, but if you wanna show up and wear the sign for me;)

25. BCR

BCR

Lots of nice stuff to look at. Sorry we missed but maybe next time.

26. Racewriter, thanks for flagging me down and introducing yourself. I only regret that I didnt come back and talk to you later, not that I snubbed you, but I have lots of friends who meet up at KC GG and never enough time to see and talk to them! We will cross paths again and solve the worlds problems then! Nice meeting you.:)