Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage goodguys des moines iowa july 4th weekend ! who's going ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jun 14, 2010.

1. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I'll be there in the red 32 vicky

Attached Files:

2. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Highway 92 is tore up a bit on the western side of the state. The detour sends you up towards Wiota and around. I know a few Nebraskans take that way. thought this might help. Been go` in for 17 years, no need to stop now, Guess we`ll take high-way 34 this year.

3. May Street Relics

May Street Relics

will be heading down thusday at 6pm from marshalltown if any one wants to tag along can meet at the best western hotal

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks, Mike!

See everyone in a few days!

5. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Steve you have to bring your car - it is an amazing ride!

6. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Steve, I'm catching a ride with some of my buddies from the Quad Cities. unfortunately we are full. Tried to get Schirm to go but he backed out at the last minute. Hope to see you there!

7. orange52

orange52

Anyone doing the Poker run at noon Thursday?

I assume its open to everyone since they listed it in the confirmation letter they sent when I entered my car.

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

camp gilmore is set up at the campground now ! looks like theres quite a few cars here already ! see you all in a few ! didn't know anything about a poker run but may have to check into it

9. orange52

orange52

The website didn't have much info, just:

"POKER RUN - Noon to 2pm. Leaves from Registration to see the sights of Des Moines"

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

LOOK OUT - Huge busy weekend in DesMoines.

15,000 Gold Wings ( Huge "Wing Ding" ) convention.

Anybody try to get a Hotel Room and find them full ?

Cob

11. Thinking about it .... are the fireworks as good as they say.....my 5 year old daughter will be with me .

12. carryallman

carryallman

hi guys ,hope to make it to the meet and greet,if not wife and i work the 33rd st. ? gate sat. nite 8 pm to midnite ,drive bye give me a yell! have a safe trip here and home ! *** still got some 392 parts left/ can bring to fairgrounds ? let me know**** thanks mike "carryallman"wahl

13. Every time I've been to the fireworks display, it has been great. Haven't been for the last few years though. Past my bed time. I'm old you know.
    Later,
    Dick

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I regret not seeing the fireworks this year - yes - they are worth waiting around for!

15. kvwberg

kvwberg

I'll be there everyday with my 57 Mercury wagon. would love to meet all of you. Kevin

16. Master of None

Master of None

Going Friday, with the 34 see you guys there.

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I would NOT go to Down town DesMoines This weekend.
    Several reasons.

1. 15000 Honda Wing Dings motorcycles are in town and the show is Down town so parking will be NON existent.

2. The Farmers Market Saturday Morning

3. The Justin Bieber concert

4. Some type of music jam fest

5. Iowa Cubs games

I would avoid that hole area unless you want to get stuck in a MAJOR traffic issues.

Just a heads up.

Cob

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

#4 is the 80-35 festival - and Spoon, Yo La Tengo, and Holly Golightly and the Brokeoffs are playing (among others)

19. Bull

Bull

I just let a hotel room go at the Comfort Inn in Akeny earlier this week. Just an FYI for anyone who might need a room. Their phone number is 515-963-1100.

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

21. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

beautiful weather so far ! went on the poker run earlier and toured carl moyers rod garage

22. Only #1 and #4 might be possible wrenches in the works for a group going out on Saturday night. The others are either not happening this weekend or happen during times that wouldn't be at conflict with Nick's group outing.

It's not like #1 or #4 would cause major traffic issues, either. They wouldn't have mass movements of automobiles all at once like what would happen at the end of an I-Cubs game. If anything, the two events would take up parking spots, but I think downtown probably has enough to cover the need.

Keep in mind that Nick is from Omaha; I think he and a group of 20/30-somethings can deal with any crowds. Downtown at its worst isn't that bad.

23. Master of None

Master of None

24. orange52

orange52

Crap! Went on the poker run today and my car did just fine. Took it home, left it in the driveway for a few hours, went to drive it again and I have no brakes! I topped the master cylinder was really low, I topped it off to see if the would help at all (High hopes I know), still nothing. It doesn't look like a wheel cylinder went since there's not unusual fluid marks on the tires or rims, and there are no leaks around the MC. What could I be missing?

25. out plowing

out plowing

Hope to make it down on Saturday, I'll be flat-footing for yet another year. Hope to see you all there.

26. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Did you look on the inside of the car at the back of the master cyl? They will sometimes leak out the back and the fluid will go down the firewall behind the insulation and then under the carpet making it hard to notice. I hope that's not the case because it's a huge mess.

27. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I plan to go for saturday only. Hope to meet up with some of you there.

28. Dads-53

Dads-53

I'm in and Nick if your looking for good food to impress your girl, Iowa Beef is always good.
    Dad

29. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

30. orange52

orange52

The master cylinder is under the floor, luckily I don't have to worry about it leaking behind the carpet. Last night I filled the master cylinder and bled the brakes. This morning I still have good pressure. I've never done troubleshooting on a brake system before, could there be a slow leak or could it be the rubbers in the wheel cylinder starting to go bad?