Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Goodguys, Des Moines Ia. Heartland Natl's Friday pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Jul 2, 2011.

1. And bannana splits! The guy in the paper hat flippin burgers owns the place.

2. Blue Coupe

Blue Coupe

We went up for the day on Friday. It was freeking hot and humid, but it's that time of the year. Had a great time, as there were many vintage hot hods there, street rods to the point I had seen enough of the big dollar stuff and the owners attitudes, plus there were enough vendors who had the parts I needed to get while trying to cool my wife off. Of course I tend to seek out the 40 Fords and like traditional hot rods. We stayed overnight and did notice how packed the trailer parking area was on Saturday morning. That says a lot in how the events are changing... good or bad...
    Spent Saturday in Pella Iowa, enjoyed the small town living, and then went to Knoxville Saturday evening to the winged sprint car races there. Talk about a kick in the ass, nothing like standing on the go pedal and flying around on the dirt. Way cool weekend, my wife Wendy's 17th wedding anniversary gift for me. Nothing like getting hitched to a "gearhead gal"!

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Sounds like a fun weekend, great looking 40. Gary

4. Knoxville...............I sense a plan forming. ;)

5. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado