Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys columbus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by booboo, Jun 21, 2012.

1. 1959apache

1959apache

I'm rolling there too, but in the wifes modern daily driver (cant drive anything there yet)

2. bad4dr

bad4dr

I'll be at the fairgrounds all weekend with my yellow '56 Chevy more-door.

3. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Meet n Greet? Usually its been noon on Sautrday. (and I've forgot most times)

Later,Bill

4. Tripple G

Tripple G

Hey Bill,

Have seen your vehicle at several local shows, but never met in person. When are you leaving for Columbus & what route are you taking?

Grant

5. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Ill be there with my brother-in law and he has never been to any kinda show like this:Difin you see me cruse-in give me a shout

Attached Files:

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

When & where?

7. killer-D

killer-D

First time in years I will not have a pinstriping booth set up there.The booth space has raised too much.

8. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Wow. You always hard at it all weekend too. That sucks.

9. metal man

metal man

I hope more local people get their power back on today and tomorrow. There was a story on the news yesterday about hotel reservation conflict.

A lot of homes in North Columbus are still without power from Friday's storm, and the hotels are full of these families. They can't be booted out because it's a "state of emergency"...even though others from out of town have reservations. They said the people with reservations would have to find another place to stay.

10. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

our rooms are fine, hope no one is displaced

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  11. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

Between power outages and service calls fixing generators in Columbus all week it doesn't look like the truck will be going.... Thank god for backup cars. The 64 fairlane wagon will be up at the zoo with me to pass out cards for the poker run

12. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Truck is packed, prepped and ready to head north up 23 at 6 am tomorrow.:D

13. Jamoke

Jamoke

Leaving today will be there shopping for parts look for the guy sweating his ass ....LOL Its going to be a hot one !!!

14. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Arrived last night it is HOT here it is going to be hot all weekend, but still looking to have a good time. Did not bring a car that has air mistake mistake.

15. jblev34

jblev34

I am heading out tomorrow.

16. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Me and 2 friends are leaving at 6:00 am tomorrow. Can't wait. Gonna parts shop and idea hunt.

Hey 48stude, were staying at the Brice Road Red Roof to. Nice half way point between the dragstrip and the fairgrounds.

17. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Anybody got a report on the weather? This AM weather guys said wind and rain were close to Columbus.

Hope all are safe and dry... and COOL!

Hamtown

18. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

As far as car theft at show areas go....it doesn't matter where you go, the thieves are watching and waiting. If I may make a suggestion, if your car has a conventional distributor, take the rotor out at night. Or do some else that take 30 seconds to do but may disable your car from theft. I had a fuel shut off on my 55, worked great as it allowed enough fuel in the carb and line to start and move the car 100 feet or so, but then it ran out of fuel. In the 24 years I took that car to events, twice I got calls from police where the car was abandoned in some intersection 2 blocks from the motel after some low rents boosted it only to get out in traffic and leave it. At least I got the car back. If they want your car they will get it....make it a little tougher on them and ultimately a bit better for you.

19. RoadBurner

RoadBurner

I just looked at the radar. It looks like most of the storms are moving out from Columbus. Southeast of there however looks to be getting it pretty good right now.

Watch out for wind though. My dad just called me 30 minutes ago to tell me about watching a Suzuki Samurai get blown over on it's side on 270.

If any of you are having issues with your motels, don't forget to try some of the slightly more outlying areas. I'm in the Marysville area and we never really had the big power issues that Columbus is having.

20. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

My back has been bothering me all week & ain't getting any better,so decided this morning to cancel Columbus for this year---thats what I get for preregistering *&&%$^:eek:

21. Anything going on at Polaris Parkway? or Easton? cruise-ins or what not?

22. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

Anyone know if there are any vendors there this year that are selling asc 32 frame rails? Been thinking about heading to the show and this would help me decide if I am going or not. Thanks

23. i dont know if you can pick up the rails at the show but im sure someone there will be selling them columbus isnt that far from springfield ohio and brookville roadster isnt too far away either

24. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Went up today got signed in ,place is packed hotels are too lotsa cars there and swappers

25. 48stude

48stude

I got about fifteen miles from home and started blowing out trans fluid. Had to turn around come back home. I was so dejected , I called and canceled my rooms. I'll probably just head out for the day Saturday in my daily. Hey Stock Racer I would of like to shared some B.S. with you , But things just didn't fall my way today. Bill

26. sj71189

sj71189

Heading down on Saturday in my Dad's '65 Chevy probably.

27. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Nasty, Nasty storm just blew through the area.
    Started a little before 8:00 PM and is still going on as I write this.
    Wind, rain and HAIL, hope and pray everyone at the hotels are alright!
    It wouldn't be Good-Guys in Columbus without a storm!
    Rest of weekend Hot but hopefully dry.

28. metal man

metal man

Forecast is 101 degrees tomorrow and 103 for Saturday. Dry though;).

29. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

TCI is always there, SO is Lobecks.... Lobecks is also in Oakwood village.

Its gonna be near 100 degrees there. plus humidity. The index is gonna be high

Its always a great show, and the only crime I know of are Big Smokey Burnouts in the streets of Columbus... Those Crazy Canadians...

30. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Geez, with all this heat and storms going on I am wondering what to expect at Mopar Nationals in Hebron in August....I vend outside there. Better take 2 fans and batten down the hatches !!