Register now to get rid of these ads!

GoodGuys Columbus 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Jun 4, 2013.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks, but don't expect much, Dave always did a great job. He'll be a hard act to follow.

2. diamond dave

diamond dave

I will be there in the stude. missed it last year. cant wait .

3. Davyj

Davyj

Will be there for the Saturday only. Driving down in the wife's 38 sedan...........hope it is not toooo hot .

4. jbh

jbh

We'll be there Thurs thru Sat evening. Jay

Attached Files:

5. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

jbh,
    thats one bad ass woody

6. BCR

BCR

I will be there but with a o/t car. If you see a green 70 Challenger 440+6 stop by and say hi.

7. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I will be there friday in the 60.... Hope to meet any hambers...

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Just as a heads up...in case no one remembers last year 3 cars stolen out of motel lots in N Columbus at GG 2012...but protect your cars no matter where you stay. I normally stay off Dublin / Granville for all events I do in or around Columbus. I vend so don't have a hot rod there but PLEASE do whatever you have to to store your cars (and trailers) safely at night. temporally disable...whatever .... and if you see anyone poking around and you don't like what they say DETAIN them, call the cops. Everyone thinks it can't happen to them. I've been lucky....only lost 3 brand new spare tires and wheels from under my vendor truck in 5 past years in Columbus....and the last 2 were CHAINED and locked...but I leave NOTHING in plain sight NOR in the bed in the cap....Not everyone into hot rods are your friend...it's a shame but a fact of life.

9. jbh

jbh

Thanks, BooBoo. 36 Plymouth, baby hemi, 200r, 4' drop axle, Chrysler wires. Jay

10. wickedjeff

wickedjeff

wish i could attend ,,use to work for a couple of shops in columbus,,,vended there and attended several shows.....one of our jobs even got a sweet sixteen from boyd....there are definitley fine rides, and hot chics as well,,,,just a damn good time.

11. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

So far the 10 day forecast has temps in the low to mid 80's all three days with only 10% chance of rain for the weekend. Hope it holds true and stays that way.

12. butch27

butch27

That's why I can't bring the "T" to Columbus. It's a wide open car (take off what ever part you want), Parking a trailer somewhere and putting the car inside at night? Hey they have been stealing the whole trailers and the security sucks. Everyman for himself. Good Luck. Damn Thieves!!

13. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

Yes will be ther Saturday, Bringing a buddy thats never been!!:cool:

14. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

counting down the days.
    also driving the wife nuts because I gotta watch a car
    movie every night leading up to the event.kinda like christmas in july forME

15. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

Gotta love being a local... Can't wait

16. 1badbaker

1badbaker

I can't wait, I'll be there in my 39. Have safe travels everyone.

17. jblev34

jblev34

We'll be there.

18. cryobug

cryobug

I will be there in a red 39 Ford Deluxe

19. DELRAY54

DELRAY54

just going down for friday.

20. does anyone know what it takes to "show" at the show? im thinking of driving in from canton for Saturday.

21. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Go to th registration building. You pay for your GG membership, and register your car.

Don't park out in the field ect. Pull into the fairgrounds parking, walk over.

The great thing about parking inside is, you can cruise around, and keep your coolers with lunch right there..... Normaly bring a couple chairs...

As with anything, if this is your first year, its gonna be trial and error. Kinda like Disney

22. excellent, thank you. What does it cost to show?

23. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

I'm sure it's listed on the gg website.. Good time & plenty to see

24. diamond dave

diamond dave

its gonna cost 45 to become a member and another 45 to show, at the door. I registered last week before the cutoff and it only cost me 80 instead of 90. it's definitely a kick in the balls having to become a member of goodguys, just to go the the show. but, the goodguys gazette is a badass publication and is almost worth the membership fee.
    I couldn't imagine going to another show and being told that I couldn't get in unless I paid to be a member. kindof strange.

25. Sounds like a rip off kinda. I mean general entry is 18 bucks per person. Do they need to make that much money? I doubt I'll go now since it's a two hour drive worth of gas as well.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Redmonsters

Redmonsters
    from Elmira, NY

We'll be there camping with the bubbletop from Thurs-Sun. We're looking for something to do Thurs night, what's everyone going to be up to!?

27. Bhi11

Bhi11

This local boy will be there all weekend in my '65 F100. My favorite weekend of the year!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

It's a business, they're looking to make as much money as possible without pissing off us paying customers....

29. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

leaving early Thursday morning in the 55 F-100, I like to make the poker run

30. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

My buddy and I will be cruising up early Friday morning. I always like the ride up and seeing the sun rise and hotrods entering the Fairgrounds.
    That first ride down the entry way with all the rodders looking on is a great start to a kool day.
    Temps are looking fantastic for Fri/Sat& Sun. High 70's-low 80's and low humidity. Not like last year's blast furnace. I remember it was 105 by 11:00am!
    Stop by and say hi!

RapRap (Bob)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013