Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Goodguys at Texas Motor Speedway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Seemed to be a thin crowd there this time but still some nice cars and something for everybody from the Traditional to Plain outrageous. Had a good time hanging out with friends and making some more. Here's some pics and a link to my photobucket album with about 160 or so pics

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w127/mharbour/Goodguys Spring 2012/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Pic for the WTF award:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ken getting ready to cruise with some friends in the Rumble Bee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. Still_Crazy

Still_Crazy
    from . .

I quit going when they jacked up the entry fee to almost $100, and walk-in entry is $20-30. They come here twice a year and while there some interesting and fun cars, its stacked with too many high dollar chrome nightmares that are just hideous to look at, with their fat wallet owners standing next to them grinning ear to ear acting like Lords of planet Earth. So in spite of living only a few miles away, I quit going years ago.

3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Larry's Fine Ride

[​IMG]

4. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Love the Fire and Texaco trucks.

5. Nice pics.....thanks

6. RAY With

RAY With

Nice shots . Thanks for posting and hope to see more!

7. bob35

bob35
    from DFW, TX

Went Saturday and enjoyed the heck out of it!! Hopefully I'll have my ride there in the fall. I don't get the earlier comment that stopped the gentleman from going though. While I can't comment on the car entry fee, getting in was $18 and I easily found a promo code for a few bucks off... I spent more than 10 TIMES that to go to a Mavs game later this week. Comparing to most other events nowadays, that's a steal. And as far as cars, for every high dollar chromed out ride I saw, there was an equivalent low buck home built rod to look at. The wide mix of low and high dollar is one of the things I really enjoyed, and made for fantastic diversity.

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Few more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Runner up for my WTF award

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Exactly, we were gonna enter our 40 ford.. The lady at the registration table told us the total cost and we walked out and left.. I'm not surprised at the low turnout. Greedyguys car shows and their absurd prices are starting to get old... It's time for a boycott :cool:

10. haychrishay

haychrishay

11. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

What a BULL SHIT excuse , it costs money to put on a show of that size. I wish I lived that close to a Good Guys show I would gladly pay, I go to 2or 3 Goodguys shows a year and travel over 500 miles just to get there. So dont bitch about the lousy cost to get in. You will be sorry if they have to pull the show due to lack of support.

After that rant, I love your pictures and enjoyed seeing them. Thank You. Larry.

12. slammed

slammed

Ah, drama-up 1 page in. Do the homework, there will be no surprises at the gate ($) or inside (content) on any given day. Keep your opinions civil, and thought out.

13. nice pics cant wait for the goodguys columbus show

as i said in the thread after the last goodguys show all this bitchin shit happens after every goodguys show we all heard the same shit a 100 or more times , come up with something new to bitch about

14. Anderson

Anderson

I'd be willing to bet Goodguys didn't make a whole lot of money this weekend. I give them one more Spring show before they shut it down. Low on cars, low on vendors. I like the show being there and and enjoy going. But this time of year in North Texas is questionable on weather no matter what the forecast says, and it was cloudy all weekend with an average 30% chance of rain. That scares away a lot of the car owners. Thanks for the pictures Lobucrod.

15. pecker head

pecker head

16. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

Attendance was definately down this year probably due to many different factors, but I still had a good time.

That's a cool front end pic of my Riviera , think I'll save it to my computer.

17. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Here is a few more pics

18. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Be my guest Painter D. Hey if you need any Riv parts I have a buddy that has 4 or 5 wasting away on his place.

19. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I didnt care for the paint on that Dodge PU but I thought the turbocharged Leaning Tower of Power was way cool!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

thanks Lobucrod for the picture of my BIG OL headlites on the buick.
    side note.. the driving lites were replaced today with 7 in dietz headlites.
    the wife and i were there from 7 to 7.great day to hang out

21. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

More of this one!^^^:D

22. TubT

TubT
    from Texas

There were over 1300 cars registered or pre-registered, which isn't a bad turnout. I think there WERE a lot of no-shows, but every time I checked the weather, there wasn't any rain going on. It might have rained overnight.

I doubt those no-shows got any money back.

It's 220 miles from my place to OKC for the NSRA nationals there. The last time I was there, spectator admission was $12, and that was 5 years ago. I've never entered my car, but I'll bet it's within a few dollars of the GoodGuys price.

In fact, I just checked. It's $70 for non-members to enter the NSRA show in OKC. It's $80 for the Lone Star GoodGuys show. I can't drive to OKC for $10, believe me!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  23. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

To see this one car would have been worth the price of admission. Thanks for all the great pics.

[​IMG]

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This one was auto deleted as it was reported off topic so many times. And I can see why actually... Weird zoomie cars, firetruck thingies, etc...

In any case, I undeleted it. Please try to keep it on topic fellas.

Thanks,

25. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Didn't mean to draw attention to the headlights. I think they look ok on a stock bodied car that they came on. I actually took the pic of the front cause it said Buick.

26. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Yeah, the headlights on the Buick need to stay. Great shots of the show Mike but, no more zoomies and thingies please :eek:

27. 76cam

76cam

WOW nice photo's Thanks for sharing.Look like even if the car count was low there was some nice cars there.

28. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

You got it man! I have red marks on my wrists!:eek:

29. KIRK!

KIRK!

WTF?!?!? Preregistration entry for the weekend is $45. Spectator entry is $18.

This is exactly the kind of clueless posts that perpetuate false information.

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

What other cars show of that size is cheaper for three days entry?