Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good yard in Eastmon, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fishtank, Mar 14, 2008.

1. fishtank

fishtank

Just a heads up to any guys in middle GA.

There is a guy in Eastman that has a recycling business; however, instead of scrapping the old tin he puts it in it's own section of his yard. He has a junkyard with late model stuff too. I stopped by yesterday (no camera) and he has got about thirty or so cars in the old tin section. Four mid-50's Buicks, several mid-60s F100s, an early-60s Country Squire wagon, a few mid-60s Impalas, and a several others.

The beauty of it is that the cars are coming from yards and barns. Therefore, all the little stuff is there. Glass, trim, and most engines. I'm pretty sure that he will let you buy parts or the whole car.

The place is:

Johson Recycling
    2690 Hawkinsville Hwy.
    Eastman, GA 31023
    478-374-7331

I am in no way connected with this guy. I just appreciate what he is doing and thought knowing about him would help everybody out.

2. Do you have his business hours, and how are his prices (it's a 3 hour shot from Winder, so I figured I'd ask:D)?

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Hey Mac, I'll make that trip with you.
    'Course, it's been my experience that a pair of Yankees don't often get the best deals in these parts. I've heard aaaaaall about Sherman's March more than a few times in the last four years!
    (And don't ask why they call it "The War of Northern Aggression" when they fired the first shot.)
    -Brad

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Be careful there Brad 54! I know some guys who run yards that wouldn't let you on the premises if they read what you just typed!
    Dave

5. Brad,

Maybe we need to take some "buds" with us- about six of 'em:rolleyes:?!

Robin just started her new job, so things are a little tight at the moment ( I know you can't relate), but let's go sooner than later:D.

6. Thumper

Thumper

Don't EVEN start that shit about the war........" Lee surrendered...Damned if I did ".........!!!!!:rolleyes:

7. fishtank

fishtank

Their hours are Mon-Fri. 8-6 and Sat. 8-1. The owners name is Myrle Johnson. I've never bought anything from him so I don't know how his prices are.

8. yall need to get an interpretor , just drag thumper along to close the deal .. or better yet tell the good ol boys your from south florida :D

9. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Good advise. Just make sure that he has a good southern drawl and everybody else keep their mouths shut.:D

10. If any of you check out the yard please look for Al Means Ford or Frank Vego Ford dealer trunk badges. Both dealers were in the Atlanta area. I'm interested in both in any condition.

Thanks!!

11. Hey Brad,

I've got Spring Break next week (gotta love teaching in an elementary school)

Wanna pick a day to go down, huh, huh???