Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good weekend in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2muchstuff, Mar 20, 2006.

1. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

Went to Oklahoma this past week to visit some old friends and hit the Chickasha prewar swap meet on Friday. Picked up some good parts:

Full set of Lincoln backing plates
    Wood kit for the A roadster
    Distributor for the '27 dual ignition Marmon
    Flathead distributor adaptor for my Sun distributor machine
    Stromberg 97 that was chromed years ago

I picked up alot of other miscellaneous items including dragging home a 1935 John Deere tractor. All in all a good weekend. Anyone else get some good finds?

2. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

If you were looking for Model T or Model A parts -- or components for an unusual marque from the teens or `20's, Chickasha was the place to be. I was surprised, however, by how little early Ford and flathead stuff was there. I'm most excited about the Cleco pliers and fasteners I found for cheap! The guy said he'd bought his inventory when McDonnell-Douglass folded it's tent in KC. Pliers were $5 and fasteners -- in your choice of several diameters -- were 50 cents apiece. Awesome!

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

I bought a set of 50 Ford tailights for 15 bucks.....a couple of other doo dads, but nothing great. I still love that swap meet.

4. Mark Karger

Mark Karger
    from houston TX

Hey Chris , good to hear from you, I hope you Didn't have any damage from the tornadoes which hit Lawerance. I went to the Vintage Chev. Club swap meet at Traders Village & got a front saddle type motor mount for a sbc for $10, an after market model A frame horn for $10, 4 sbc Vortec heads & a 350 crank(rusty) for $30 , a Holley 94 for$5, a pair of glass packs for $15,a heavy chrome rear bumper for one of my Chev. fleetsides for $10.