Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Good video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 08racer, May 26, 2016.

1. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

One question... Why do we not talk this way anymore? That is traditional talk right there.

So from now on because our hot rods are traditional we should talk like this guy at shows when asked about our cars lol.

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nope... not even LOL. If you are old enough to know, the narrator is one of those guys from Hollywood who "served" during the war (like Regan) who did military training / recruitment films. Terribly dogmatic, IMHO. Even some post WWII movies had this type of narrative for a time, as if we were all so dumb we needed someone to help explain the plot. It's the worst of "news reel" speak. Gary.

3. clem

clem

Go ahead, talk any way you want, but you will probably benefit the sport/hobby more if you let your car do the talking for you.
    That is one nice roadster you have there !

4. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Were it not for the narrator the "old timey" nostalgia of the film
    would be zero. The voice "makes the film".

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. wsdad

wsdad

When (if) I finish my hot rod, I was thinking about making a youtube video of it, showing all it's features. I was going to have some cool hot rod song playing, like, "Hot Rod Lincoln" or, "Maybelline" or something. But nope, now everything's going to be, "News Reel Guy."

Hmm. Maybe "MOOOONSTER TRUCK!" guy could make an appearance (out for a "SUNDAY! SUNDAY!SUNDAY!" drive.)

6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

"It killed two people" putting the blame on the car, not driver error.:confused::eek::rolleyes:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. 2935ford

2935ford

Like we you know like don't like talk like that cause you know like this is like 2016 and you know like that was like you know like back like then.

8. That clip ended in a strange note.

9. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

That looks like the opening scene from the 1950 movie "Hot Rod". It's actually a pretty good film for that genre. Kinda hokey, but enjoyable to watch.