Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Times, Better Looks, Great Deals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

well now that i have gotten the best deals since i started working on this car, when i was at the james dean run i picked a few things up at the swap meet to make the car look a bit better.
    Yes, i did get a pair of hub caps. $10
    the thing is there were only two and my plan anyhow also called for a set of 58' cruiser skirts, but first i need to find a pair.
    but as it is, they look good, then i picked up a set of 64' Galaxie arm rests, just to fix the plainess of the doors inside. $13
    and an oddball mirror that i have noooo idea what its for. $2
    and then a trunk 'V', so when i shave the lock and put a popper, i dont have to slip my fingers underneth the lid. $5
    plus some conduet and a 3rd brake light, but i doubt you guys wanna see that. so heres the bounty. the caps are perfect, just dirty as hell.
    [​IMG]
    im happy with the caps, i sat and really thought about it looking at the car, yes, big improvment, but just not the best, so being that i love the long fender skirts look they give a car, and its going to be low as hell, why not get a better look.
    these are the kind of skirts im looking for.
    [​IMG]

2. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

look at them on the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yeah they stick out a little bit, but i dont find it to bad.

3. Throw some bullets on thiose caps to realy set them off. The skirts can be had in Fiberglass from Jims. What are the plans for the car? Nothing finer than a nice mild custom 58 Chevy.

4. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

yeah, a Jimmy Jone's set kinda thing would be nice, i'm definatly going to have to look into that.
    plans as of far, get a exhaust set from CARS as soon as my check gets here, put my new intake and carb on, get my friends to buy that fuel cell the promised, and since i know it'll run, i'm just going to get it tuned. then after i get a new bracket for the power steering, being that i've found mine was for a later X-Frame, im going to order a 58' bracket and see what can be worked out, then its done.
    then its off to my friends garage/body shop, all the alingment, sanding, painting, bumb work will be done. but if its done befor the 28'th, ill be driving it to the last cruise of the season, the halloween cruise at the A&W in flushing.

5. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

would anyone be pretty kickass and take this already wicked photoshop and take the hubcaps and a set a pair of skirts and possibly a little lower, still using the whitewalls and everything else, scallops on the skirt too, but honestly, i just wanna see the look of it.
    [​IMG]

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

Your coming along great and those are some good buys. I friend of mine told me in the old days the guys who only had two caps would put them on one side and two different ones on the other side. This would give the car a different look when cruising the strip.

CRUISER :cool:

7. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love it, Thanks James.
    i just think its a lot cooler of a look, plus every guy in the club has JJ style skirts and i have always thought their cars and cars in general look better with skirts. so this will work well, i need to see if my friend who has a set for a 55', how they would look/fit on the del.
    Thanks Cruiser, dad yells at me a bit for buying things because of my limited cash flow, i know i havent gotten it steering yet and none to be seen on the gas tank, but i also need to have it look good, and with deals like that, which is something my luck never gives me, i couldnt pass it up.
    Would of rather had the original 56' olds fiesta caps, ro rust for $60, but dad was serriously about to leave me at the swap meet, it was across town and they were heading back to the dean show. what can you do right?

And if it would stop F$&^&ing raining i would go out and put my new intake and carb on.

8. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

on top of all this, does anyone know something to use to build up an missing peice of press foam?
    there is a 1" X 2" chunk missing out of one of the armrests, and i i was thinking of melting vinal, the same type used to cover the foam, into the gap and then usng a piece or leather to give it the texture, its going to be dyed anyhow so yeah.
    thanks.

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Dude, if it looks anything close to that Photoshop pic. that will be a really cool custom. I love the color.

10. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Strange.
    The color might be a bit different, a little more of a red then that gold tint.
    and a liberal spritzing of flake, but i thing it will all look great.
    Gonna have a set of spotlights too, almost forgot that, just snagged them today off my buddie and they have thouse popper buttons on them, so possibly i'll be shaving the handels too, but then again, gotta take my luck with locks into consideration, put it simply i've gotten quite skilled with a coat hanger.