Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good sourcefor Hammer & dolly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sprbxr, Sep 17, 2006.

1. sprbxr

sprbxr
    from Peaks, VA

I would like to upgrade my current hammer and dolly setup. The stuff I currently use is some old Harbor freight junk. After a couple broken hammers I think it is time to upgrade.
    Justin

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

eastwood sells martin tools. as does sunchaser tools. you'll have to google them for a web address.... as a matter of fact, google martin while your at it

take your harbour freight junk and toss it in the trash before someone sees you with it. you didn't get the hollow dollies did you?

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

oh... go to your local automotive paint supply store. they should have some stuff in stock or could order you what you need

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

This guy comes to all of the main MetalMeet events and has a lot of good quality metal shaping tools including Martin.

Gulley Performance Center
    PO Box 3550
    2604 Fort Henry Drive
    Kingsport, TN 37664
    (423)247-2271

5. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

look on ebay there are lots of good deals to be found on body hammers and dollies. Most I have I paid twice what they go for on ebay.

6. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I buy my stuff at the swap meets and flea markets. If you are patient you can save a bundle. Just this weekend I bought a really nice heel dolly for a buck! The added bonus is that I have no problem modifying these as I haven't got squat in them. Hard for me to take a grinder to reshape a 40 dollar hammer - but no problem when it only cost a couple dollars. YMMV

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll second what Hemirambler said. I've picked up several hammrs at the swaps, most with loose handles. I fix the handles or replace them then shape the heads to different contours. For a few dollars and a little time I'm getting quite a collection different shaped hammers.

Frank

8. Sears sells Martin tools.

9. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

One tool I use a lot is a Rock hammer that the guys digging up fossiles and weird rocks use. It is a one-piece casting with a pick nose on one end and a flat nose on the other. Nice and solid with no wooden handle to worry about.