Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Good news for a change

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binkman, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Binkman

Binkman

I posted a while back about my ongoing issue with Summit and Wheel Vintiques.
    I placed my order for 5 wire wheels almost a year ago. When I ordered the wheels I was told there would be a 6 week delay in getting delivery of them. I am used to this , I have ordered several sets in the past and planned on the delay.
    After 3 months I inquired and was told they were being shipped on Fridsy. This went on every 2- 3 weeks for months. I posted about it on here. One Friday UPS backed up to the shop and dropped off 4 huge wagon wheels. I called Summit, they said they didn't send them, we conference called WV , they said they didn't send them. I said OK and hung up. A half hour later WV callled back and said they were sent by mistake. I had to take them into town and drop them off at UPS. Trying to do the right thing, I complied.
    About 2 months ago "AverageJoe58" here on the HAMB contacted me, he works for Summit.
    Joe stepped up to the plate to resolve the issue. Joe even sent me a gift certificate for the trouble WV put me through. It took a few more months but I received the wheels today. They look great . I can now finish the build on my '34 2-Dr Sedan. It has been done and waiting for 5 months for the wheels.
    I appreciate the effort that Joe put into this and feel bad that Wheel Vintiques put us through the ringer. I buy at least one set of wire wheels each year for my project(s) but don't feel comfotable buying from WV any longer.
    Thank you Joe and thank you Summit for following through.
    Summit has never failed to deliver in over 35 years and they didn't let me down this time either.

Max Gearhead, Deuces, LAROKE and 7 others like this.
  2. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2 on Summit. Have NEVER had a problem with anything I've ordered...and it usually arrives sooner than the quoted. Thumbs up

Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Your a better man than me! When WV told me I “ had to take them into town” things would have gone bad , right there!
    Unfortunately, I have been in situations such as this and I nice up until I’m not nice!

Bones

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  4. deucemac

deucemac

I got the run around from Wheel Vintiques one too many times. I called Pete at SoCal and askew him who they use. He said they did the WV thing, gave up and went to the WheelSmith. I called them, made my order and mentioned my WV problem. The guy on the phone said they loved WV because of all the trouble they caused, WheelSmith gained business. I have ordered from them several times since and was always pleased with the workmanship and service. Coker bought Wheel Vintiques and hasn't changed a thing.

Boneyard51 likes this.

5. I’m with Bones on this. I would have been real tempted to hold the wrong wheels hostage until mine arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Boneyard51, Trophyman and slim38 like this.
  6. After Mike Stallings sold WV to Coker, it's gone down hill from there.

Boneyard51 likes this.