Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good luck charm or Saint Christopher ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frenchy Dehoux, Jan 1, 2012.

1. I would like to see what everyone has in their car as far as a good luck badge,medal,or something you feel is a road good luck that you think is helping you while driving your Hot Rod I am not trying to be to personal here but just wondering what everyone may have. The one that I have in my car is a purple bracelet hung over my rear view mirror to remember my Grand Daughter who has past away last year after been born with Leukemia and only lived 44 days so when ever I am driving my Hot Rod she is with me. And a pink bracelet because of my sister recovering from breast cancer and she is doing well.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. PinHead

PinHead

Nothing in a HAMB friendly car, but my wife has this "Guardian Angel" clip in her SUV that goes on the sun visor. It's kind of heavy and the wing tips are kind of pointy, and once in awhile it likes to poke me in the forehead real good if it swings back when I take off too fast. I think it's just trying to tell me to slow down a little.

3. dukes of hazard key ring, been with me since my first car

4. bonesy

bonesy

Here is a picture of the style I use. I have one in my coupe. I've also placed them in my ex- '47 custom and '32 roadster (shown)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

5. I have the same St. Christopher medal that Bonesy has on the dash of my 3-window.

I'm not sure he's a saint any more but makes me feel better knowing it's there.

Mick

Attached Files:

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I have HAMBer "Just Steve" (RIP), my Road Angel, with me where ever I go in Big Olds.

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I have a dash Jesus that has been in every car since I was 16

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I found my wife a pewter charm thing that says "never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly". It has what looks like a 50 Suburban embossed into it. I had to get it for her when I saw that!
    It's clipped to the Saturn dash. I also have a Mandela hanging from the mirror, it's small and watches over the car.

9. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

10. troylee

troylee

Gremlin bells , only works if someone else gives it to you.

11. Now THAT is awesome!

12. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I have a St. Christopher in every one of my vehicles.

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I have the "Holy Family" statue on my metal dash (magnet under statue)

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Same one in my truck.Hope the "Big Guy" watches over all of us.

15. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

A Rosary on the rearview of every car I have...

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

17. teddyp

teddyp

i have 2 one in each car my mom grave 1 to me when i got my frist car (1963)also a red pepper in each car

18. robber

robber

I have a lucky rabbits foot that I have been carrying for over 25 years...
    It wasn't lucky at all for the rabbit. Why do they call them that?:)

I also wear a cross around my neck everyday in memory of my son, Nathan, who passed away from congestive heart desease unexpectedly. With the cross around my neck, its a reminder that my guardian angel is with me , no matter what car I'm in. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  19. Cruiser

Cruiser

I keep a Omamori in my '52 Chevy it's for driving safety. CRUISER :cool:

[​IMG]

What's Omamori?

Omamori is a Japanese good luck charm, and usually sold in Buddhist and Shinto’s shrines in Japan. It derived from the word mamori (meaning to protect or give a protection).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You older guys remember the white plastic magnetic figurines of Jesus, Mary, etc. that so many people used to put on their dash? I would love to have some for my cars, but just try and find one today. I've searched with not much luck. All I can find are modern renditions that aren't anything like the originals. If anybody has a line on these, please send me a PM.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess this is the place to admit I collect St. Christopher medals. Some day I hope to find one with a Connecticut banner on top to put in my Roadster.

Attached Files:

22. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

nothing in my HAMB friendly car, but I have a "traffic buddha" in my daily driver along with a copy of Walden to read in really bad traffic.

23. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Every race I go to, drive, tune, or spectate, I wear a Saint Christopher. Was a gift from my wife after I read a story from John Force. He had a bad string of crashes and fires in his funny. Last one he went off the end of the track, got stopped and said "way to go God" and then the car burst into flames. From then he painted on on the front of his car. My next build will have this medal on the front end.

24. Keep them coming I appreciate everyone input on this post.

Thanks
    Frenchy

25. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

x2 ;)

26. a high limit credit card... i believe in a higher being, but the trooper and recovery driver wants to see that credit card.

27. Some of the SoCal old farts might remember this, in the mid-sixties blue (had to be blue!) Saint Christopher necklaces were pretty popular with the wanna-be surfers ... and the womeins tried their darnest to get the guy to give it up!

... anyhow my good luck piece is the handgrenade pin/ring off the first grenade I threw It is and has been my keychain for the past forty years..... the pin, which was just a kotter key, is long gone. The good luck must be working because I'm still kickin!

28. Cargo

Cargo

Not in my car all the time, but I have my Uncles WWll Army Air Corp wings on my bomber jacket. I asked him before he passed away if I had his blessing to wear em since I didn't earn them.

29. prewarpete

prewarpete

I just picked one up for the dash I am building for my model A coupe

[​IMG]

30. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I keep this grim little guy on the dash where I can keep an eye on him. The way I figure it is all the time he's in front of me in plain sight he can't be sneaking up behind me and putting his cold hand on my shoulder as we drive along.
    Paul

[​IMG]