Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Lord another Bonneville picture thread!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Well shoot I was looking forward to meeting you and your son, maybe next year. Thanks for the great pics, glad you guys were able to make the trip.

2. great pics and an even better story !!! >>>>.

3. johnod

johnod

Not only am i not sick of bonneville pics, but I've been waiting for yours.
    Wondering if you didn't go this year.
    Your pics are, however, well worth the wait.

Have you got any more Studes on the salt pics this year?

4. So good!

[​IMG]

Thanks for posting.

5. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I got more fellas, my eyes are killing me right now, I cant stare at the computer for more than 20 minutes ata time, or else I get a tension headache.

I'll post more random stuff as the days go by.

Here are some now, in complete random order.

[​IMG]

The Montana Dodge Boys are doing some awesome stuff with their 28 Dodge Fast Four, They were in impound two days in a row. Congrats on making some records guys!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Honestly, I get chills when I see something moving that fast across the ground, it is a thrill to watch those guys that run the fast stuff!!

Several Years ago I got to watch Don Vesco run 470mph+ in the Turbinator!!! Now that is speed!

Funny thing is, I only took two pictures of spectator Hot Rods while there, partially it was the weathers fault, but I had blinders on and was strictly looking to get competitors cars.

7. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

You are soo darn good! Great pics as usual

8. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Got a few of you too!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos as we can always expect from you. All race cars and no posers too!!

Thanks for sharing.

10. Good times Mikey. It was 10 years ago you took me to that club hangout you guys had in SLC. Semi cool High Life.......very cool, things were good. Glad to have you hang out a bit this year. Our group is working on the camping thing for next year, stay in touch. Trent

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  11. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Wow Buick59. I love them all - even the ones without cars. The night shots are really nice and the one with your boy and Poteet crowd with the lumpy salt foreground is just excellent. Didn't you tell the same chased-out-by-the-weather story last year?

12. Fantastic pictures .... great work Buick59

13. Ed Wrath

Ed Wrath

Thanks for the fantastic shots....got any more?

George Poteet.One cool dude!

14. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

I'll NEVER tire of Bonneville pictures. Only a DREAM for me..... on my "bucket list"

GREAT PICTURES..... Thanks for posting!!!!

15. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Just "Plain Vanilla"

Thanks.

16. What great shots. Poteet is just your average guy, except he has a lot of money. He did the GG trip one year from Des Moines to Columbus when I was leading the tour and he was great to travel with. Again, great shots and thanks for sharing them with us.
    Later,
    Dick

17. thank you sir, like many others, I find your images and story consistantly breath taking, and, like no other, thanks. As a parent I am stoked to see a person who is such a pioneer, embracing the moment with all who long to believe, no matter their age or history, and your photo's I'm sure will be treasured for many years to come.

Congrats, and thanks again for sharing your story,

Drewfus:)

18. I am in awe of your photos and like others have said never get enough Bonneville coverage.

All the photos are exceptional but the low light photos are amazing and the photo of the smoke from the fire shot through the barbwire has noting to do with cars but I love it. :) HRP

19. onedge

onedge

What's already been said "ditto" thank you sir!

20. Real men race!

21. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Excellent photos, thank you.

22. Glad to see you made it Mike, wouldn't be the same without your work!

Oh, and remember the A/C works best with the engine running.

23. Bhuwahahahhahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And make sure Marlin keeps a window cracked. That was close to running car..........locked:eek:

24. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Great shots!!! Not that I would have thought less about your pix........That kid of yours is a future marketing kid........and he might even get a 'tip'.

Very cool of George to recognize your kid.......It's nice to see that there are some great guys still out there in the car/hot rod world.

Oh yea, you need to print that shot of 'Lil-Mike' & George & hang it in your kids room for inspiration.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

25. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Chris, he did sell a few posters for me, he's got a bit of a salesman in him. It doesn't hurt he gets to keep some of the money too. The Aussies were the biggest print buyers out there.

That kid has got to sit in more race cars than I have. I am certain that one day he will race out on the Salt.

26. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Ok last of the photos I feel like uploading.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to Todd Haas for letting us drive is matchine around the salt. The Haas team had some problems with their streamliner this year. The chute didn't deply, and it went into the softer stuff out yonder.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vince made it into impound again!!! Congrats on breaking your own record.
    [​IMG]

Aw hell these guys again?!?!? Yup, they keep on making good runs in their straight 8!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Montana Dodge Boys do it again as well!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats to Frank for making it into the 200mph club with his Opel!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

28. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Mike. The photo of your son and George is priceless. Never get tired of your work. Yeah.
    Slim

29. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

You are really good, I was there and its not that clear in person ! That is some incredible job ! Do you have a web site ? Never mind, I see it.

30. seatex

seatex

Absolutely beautiful shots, man. You really capture the essence of B'ville with those shots at dawn. Beautiful