Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Lord another Bonneville picture thread!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I'll bet you guys are sick of all the Bonneville picture threads by now, so indulge me a bit here. I got home last night, and went to bed early.

I think this whole tent camping thing is worn out on me. 1st night there, Thursday, a wild wind and rain storm blew my awning away in the middle of the night, ran around in my underwear trying to catch it about 2am (not a pretty sight either) then my tent started to blow away! Nailed it down, but it shook and shimmied like Michael J Fox, those 50mph gusts tried their best to fold it in half!

Next morning my son had food poisoning from a fast food joint we ate at the day before, he got better by the end of the day.

More wicked rain on Friday. Saturday was the only evening that it didn't blow or rain with ferocity, and the only evening/afternoon photo shoot I was able to squeeze in.

Sunday evening more wind and rain, and Monday more wicked wind, we decided to head back home Monday night, the weather won, but not before taking a bunch of photos.

Thut, on the way up, an interesting thunderhead, so I took a few pictures of it.
    [​IMG]

A hundred miles later, a wild fire turned the sun an interesting red hue, so I stopped and took a picture.
    [​IMG]

And now some car photos with little to no text!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

predawn impound photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Morning record runs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now for my George Poteet story.

Congrats on making a record 427 mph run, he upped his record! Way down at the 8 mile marker my son and drove down to get some pictures of George after his run, as you can imagine, there was lots of hi-fives among the crew and excitement. My son walked up to George and he took the time out celebrating with his friends and crew to pose with him for a picture.

We met him earlier this year at the GNRS, at the NHRA museum, he took my address and sent my boy a hat, a shirt, and an autographed 8X10!!! George is my 12-year old son's new hero. It's guys like him, and his affable attitude that pave way for the young kids dreams and hopes that they too can one day do what he does. Thanks to all the older guys that take the time out to show the young kids attention and their cars!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dw123

dw123

What amazing pix...so, in 8 weeks time do I fly to Vegas, head north in a suitable rental and finally make it there....?

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

Skills! I wish I could've met you out there. It's a weird place because people are always moving around. There are a lot of places to be.

5. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

Wow! What great pictures . Many thanks

6. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

awesome pics!

7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you posted the neat pix!---The scenery is good too!---Don

8. Great pics !! Really glad you and your son could make it. Shame about the weather.

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

great photo of your son and Poteet.....everyone I talked to said he was the nicest man they knew, so if that's the case, he's a good role model...
    Everything that guy does is top-notch....
    Great photo...!
    Glad you made it....the desert can be wicked, weather-wise, but you both hung in there. Nice going.

10. Fogger

Fogger

Your shots remind us all that there is nothing more American than Bonneville, there may be equals but nothing better. Of course that's my personal opinion. Thanks for the Great Pictures!!!!!!!!

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Beautiful photos! That one of your son and George is priceless. I'd like to shake that mans hand just for taking the time to do that. It really shows that he is a class act. Thanks for posting, I'm not sick of B'ville pics yet.

12. patina steve

patina steve

THANKS..........! you can't have to many pictures of Bonneville

13. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Thank you for the great pictures and congratulations to Mr Poteet's amazing run and his generosity also the Brock Art Buick is killer in the dawn . So whats the Mills running in these record setting rides?

14. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

your camera is way better than my disposal camera from the gas station...
    nice pics

15. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

THIS THREAD SUCKS!!!

Photos are blocked here at work.

16. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Its work that sucks!

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Good pics! Thanks

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice work... digging the "not high noon" lighting. Gary

19. Holy crap! I love your photography style! Man thanks for the pics. And although I have never met Poteet i always have heard he is a very nice guy. Very cool for your son. The driver of gravedigger set with my two sons and watched the rest of the races after he wrecked his truck two years ago. Oldest was five and he is very shy. He didn't talk to him at all. But now when you ask him what he want to be when he grows up. It's a monster truck driver. It only takes a small effort to be a role model for a kid.

20. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Thanks for the pix ... nice little story at the end. That's kewl. My son is 6 now ... we all plan to head to the salt when he's 10-12 years old as $$ permits.

Again - neat story.

PACO

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Speedweek is not complete without a thread with your images. I always look forward to seeing more of your work. It's my favorite!!!

22. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Amazing photography from you as always! Very cool Poteet story.. I hear nothing but good things about that fella. Salt of the earth, so to speak.

23. 296ardun

296ardun

Sick of Bonneville pictures? NEVER...all of you who went and took the time to post pictures, videos, stories, etc...THANKS!...There is no place in the hot rodding world like it, so these images mean a lot...

24. brady1929

brady1929

great pics, thanks

25. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Fantastic shots Mike! More???

26. Outstanding shots

27. fleetside66

fleetside66

Those first two shots alone were worth the trip...easy for me to say, I guess..I wasn't the one running around the desert in my undies. Awesome!!

28. beautiful photos! thanks for taking us there. maybe , just maybe one day.....:)

29. Bucknsac

Bucknsac

Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing!

30. Fantastic...I love Bonneville...your photos really capture the feeling...the beauty.