Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good looking radials? PICS?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hans, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Hans

Hans

Not to stir the pot, but do you have any pics of fenderless cars with good looking radials.

BFG Silvertowns were around in 1965 and all the European and Japanese manufacturers have been making them as long back as '46.

There must have been some being ran early on.

2. Good looking radials don't exist.

JH

3. IGOR

IGOR

You said it!

4. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

You won't ever please the hard-core, but most of the 165R15 front tires look OK as front runners.

I am currently running a Continental P245/75R16 on the back of my roadster that isn't quite as wide as the 15 inch tire I had before, but works looks OK.

Look for light truck tires in 215/85R16 if you want a tall but skinny look on the back. Some are available with treads that look almost "dirt track," while others have a highway tread. I suspect you better like them, though, because when I had light truck tires on the back of my roadster, it took forever to wear them out.

Another that you might look at is P265/75R15 by Hankook. Didn't go see them in person, but from the pictures, they look like they might work. Tall enough for a hiboy, and moderately wide.