Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good hot rod places to visit in so-cal??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveohnick2932, Feb 12, 2010.

1. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Im going down to southern california next week and am looking for some cool rod shops or hot rod related places to visit.

We will be in the Hollywood Glendale area first and then down to San Diego. I think Pomona would be kind of out of our way for this trip so Im going to plan another trip down and go hit up stuff on that end another time.

2. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

George barrris' shop, petersen auto museum. and Bob's big boy are all in that general area. that's all "hot rod torist" kinda stuff.

then you could go to holywood hot rods, and old crow speed shop they're in the neighborhood.........

I gues it depends on what you're looking to do? score parts? meet people? or see some historic landmarks.

3. Bob's Broiler in Downey
    Peterson Museum
    Old Crow Speed Shop in Burbank
    Hollywood Hotrods in Burbank
    Bobs Big Boy in Burbank
    anywhere down Pacific Coast Highway
    NHRA Museum in Pomona
    John Forces Place in Yorba Linda
    Groucho's house
    Stop by and say "hi" to Jimmy White at Circle City Hotrods in Orange
    SoCal Speed Shop in Pomona
    Mooneyes in Sante Fe Springs

That's enough to keep you busy...

4. river1

river1

5. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

6. ocfab

ocfab

7. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

Any chance of some addresses for these places, we will be in La next week, and being from Oz i got no idea where they are.

8. redo32

redo32

Obviously you guys have computers, so all the information you need is right at your finger tips. Only you know what type of shop interests you most. If you like midgets & old race cars hit Justice Bros in Duarte, classics & hot rods at the Peterson. Most of the shops are low key & welcome visitors, Foose (like former boss Boyd, R.I.P.) will only let you in at lunch time & after hours. We made the 75th Anniversary Deuce GNRS and hit 11 shops in 2 days. There's a bunch in Huntington Beach that we hit in one morning. Google & map Quest & check out adds in you favorite mag, pretend your a rally driver, lay out your course & then challenge the freeways. Have fun!!

9. toml24

toml24

I always recommend a short trip to Huntington Beach for the every Saturday morning gathering of "Donut Derelicts", an incredible collection of vintage tin from every decade. Hundreds of cars and its free, no rules. Just park and enjoy. From 5:30am to 8:30 am, corner of Adams and Magnolia in Huntington Beach. One of the best car shows on the West coast.
    Tom

10. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

redo, thanks for ALL your help...just hope one day that you go somewhere and need some help and you get all that you have given. asswipe.