Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good guys Scottsdale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zellerware, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zellerware

zellerware
    from dad's shop

Here was a beautiful original steel roadster for sale out at GoodGuys..

Hey guys, I owe some of you an apology.. I did not mean to offend the Chevy powered cars.. I was talking out of both sides. had a beef with a buddy who has a Chev in his rod..

We worked it out.. Again sorry to take it out on you all...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. Regardless of what's under the hood, I can't find anything wrong with that car.

JH

3. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Was this Hemi powered 32 5 window there?

[​IMG]

(317)

4. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

you forgot the early Chevy motors.265,283..those were "traditional"

5. Nothing wrong with that car.

6. That roadster rules... any more pics?

7. JimSibley

JimSibley

So, according to you the american graffity coupe has the wrong motor in it? Wow, my uncle has been building rods since the early 50s and he tells me that from 57 to 65 he remembers 90% of his motor swaps were for guys that wanted a sbc in whatever they had. I have 2 flatty cars, 2 hemi cars, a 409, and 2 sbcs. and this thread still managed to offend me.

8. Yep. the SBC is very trad.

9. brady1929

brady1929

yes the hemi powered yellow 32 5w was there and it was for sale. did not catch the price though.

10. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

C.D.D.,Chevy Denile Disorder.That there is no cure doesn't bother chevy people.:D:p

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  11. Movinman

Movinman

Too think, I just put a Chevy 350 in my girls Ford. What the heck was I thinking? :eek:

12. Gee Charlie, pretty strong opinion you have there.

So when are you going to build you own car?

13. GaryC.

GaryC.

Man, if I could swing having a cool rod
    I wouldn't care if it was powered by hamsters on a wheel!

I guess it's a matter of perspective.

14. "The only engines that belong in Hot Rods.. Hemi, Flatty, Caddy, Olds and Buick"-- pre 1963 please.."

Pontiacs make great rod engines too., perhaps the best :)

15. kosnmotion

kosnmotion
    from Phoenix

Personally if it's loud, fast and in a hot rod. Who cares who made it as long as it's made in the good ole USA

16. palepainter

palepainter

Wow..........

17. rooman

rooman

So what did you drive to the event mate?
    Some of us can't afford the most desireable early Ford tin anymore and and the Brookville body is an adequate substitute. As for Chevy power, what was int he McGee Scritchfield duece for all those years.
    Get a life!

Roo

ps This is a Chevy powered, fibreglass bodied car and it look alright to me.
    [​IMG]

18. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

maybe the owner of the roadster wanted something that ran good?

:D

19. zellerware

zellerware
    from dad's shop

maybe you should meet my wife and ask her.. 40% of that baby has my blood on the nuts and bolts..

20. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

WOW, you must have a bad ass collection of old tin! maybe post some pic's so we can all see!

21. ouch that hit hard.... how about a motor like this,it was in El Polackos ford

Attached Files:

22. A Boner

A Boner

wtf

23. I do know your wife Charlie, don't be a dipshit.

24. This guys car collection is probably hangin on the wall of his bathroom.

25. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

This is a great discussion of the Goodguys show in Scottsdale.

[​IMG]

26. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

Charlie,
    Show pics of the 32 you guys built.

27. You mean his fathers car that he helped with. Sorry but it bugs me that Charlie has to try and usurp what his father has waited nearly fifty years to do.

The car is pretty damned cool on it's own. Paul has had that car nearly forever and has always put it on hold for his family and his career until retirement. Then it was about Charlies Mustang, 356, VW Notch, Starliner and the Ford two door wagon. All of which I feel would not have happened without Paul doing the heavy lifting on.

40% of the work? Please, don't try and bullshit me man. I'm not saying you didn't help but you sure as hell didn't build nearly half of your fathers car.

Probably the saddest thing I saw this weekend was Charlie driving his Fathers roadster into the GoodGuys show. I would never have taken that away from my father, never. No matter how much he insisted.

Your old man is far too nice. He is part of my family now, I would be honored to promote him and his accomplishments.

28. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

Do you know what the asking price was?

29. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

<TABLE class=tborder id=post3303795 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] Yesterday, 11:10 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid" align=right> #20 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175>JustplainJ<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3303795", true); </SCRIPT>
    Grenade Inspector

[​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3303795 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: Good guys Scottsdale
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by zellerware [​IMG]
    Here was a beautiful original steel roadster for sale out at GoodGuys..

Only problem it had late model Chevy for power.. still a nice looking roadster..

too many fibreglass and brookvilles at the show..

"The only engines that belong in Hot Rods.. Hemi, Flatty, Caddy, Olds and Buick"-- pre 1963 please..

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    WOW, you must have a bad ass collection of old tin! maybe post some pic's so we can all see!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    rat rod my ass! she's a hot rod.
    <!-- / sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid">[​IMG] [​IMG]

Supposedly,

He has a car lot full of cars ,as per his profile.......
    </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

30. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by zellerware [​IMG]
    maybe you should meet my wife and ask her.. 40% of that baby has my blood on the nuts and bolts..

AND what the hell is this comment about ?
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.